Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at possibly getting a 2019 honda pilot lx, have read a lot of post and articles that the honda pilot has a lot of problems with the navigation and info systems with loud popping, dash indicators going off etc... since the lx is the basic pilot and only has blue tooth for the radio and no navigation stuff would the LX model be the best model to purchase. was looking at highlander but very small inside compared to the pilot. Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
I think the poping problems were on the Touring and Elite models.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I haven’t seen or heard of anyone having these issues with their LX. I don’t think this issue is even on the LX because Honda didn’t recall that model. Also, people have reported that the recall fixed the issue on their car so you should be fine if you decide to go with a higher trim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
looking at possibly getting a 2019 honda pilot lx, have read a lot of post and articles that the honda pilot has a lot of problems with the navigation and info systems with loud popping, dash indicators going off etc... since the lx is the basic pilot and only has blue tooth for the radio and no navigation stuff would the LX model be the best model to purchase. was looking at highlander but very small inside compared to the pilot. Thanks for any assistance.
I haven’t seen or heard of anyone having these issues with their LX. I don’t think this issue is even on the LX because Honda didn’t recall that model. Also, people have reported that the recall fixed the issue on their car so you should be fine if you decide to go with a higher trim.
I got my 2017 in December, 2020
I had injectors replaced @33k , battery the next week .. other than that all is well
I chose the 2017 due to zero recalls
Only tbs .. hey fix it for free okay 🙃

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Also looking at a Highlander which i read nothing but reviews about how they built to last forever.
My son purchased one 2 weeks ago and took a ride in this this past Saturday and was not very impressed with the 3rd row seat. My other son has a 2012 Honda Pilot LX that has been a great car and my wife and two daughter in laws have set in the 3rd row and was comfortable. No way in the Highlander.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Toyota seems to have a definite edge in quality these days. I wouldn't rate the 3G Pilot above "average". Like many, I was drawn to Honda's reputation for bulletproof reliability as well as the usable 3rs row in the Pilot. I've been disappointed with the reliability side. I wouldn't pay the "Honda premium" anymore based on my experience with this Pilot. But, I don't think it's any worse than any other decent manufacturer.

My opinion is its worth considering other options with big 3rd rows. Subaru Ascent, Dodge Durango, Hyundai Pallisade/Kia Telluride, etc. More if you want to consider body on frame SUVs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. Notice you have a 2016EX, was looking at one of those but now considering the 2019 since local dealer has two that are honda certified. My son has a 2012 and it has been rock solid. Only has about 80k miles on it but never had any issues. That is why i started looking at the Pilot. But when i did saw nothing but very bad reviews and consumer reports now rates the reliability less than average. Hoping maybe thats just a few bad reviews and in the last couple of years 2019 and above surely they have fixed all the issues and complaints on the post 2015 model, which consumer reports actually rates the 2015 Pilot as the most reliable ever built. Just hard to find one with less than 100k on it. Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Notice you have a 2016EX, was looking at one of those but now considering the 2019 since local dealer has two that are honda certified. My son has a 2012 and it has been rock solid. Only has about 80k miles on it but never had any issues. That is why i started looking at the Pilot. But when i did saw nothing but very bad reviews and consumer reports now rates the reliability less than average. Hoping maybe thats just a few bad reviews and in the last couple of years 2019 and above surely they have fixed all the issues and complaints on the post 2015 model, which consumer reports actually rates the 2015 Pilot as the most reliable ever built. Just hard to find one with less than 100k on it. Thanks
I/we were lucky enough to find a Mint 2015 with only 64.5K miles a few months ago! We already have the 08 SE- IIRC, that comes with the RES, sunroof, Etc. Cloth seats- bought in TX new- we really still like it - 190K miles on it now!
The 2015 is an LX model, and we don't mind, our kids are grown now and we never use the RES anymore, etc.
I have since installed heated seat covers and remote starter to the 2015 also.
Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still considering a 2019 pilot. But was off work yesterday and did a lot of reading on this site. Probably too much. Now hesitant to pull the pull on a 2019 LX AWD that my local dealer has, only has 12000 miles and around 24K for the price.
Lots and lots of issues on here with the electronics. Hate to ask again, but any 2019 LX model owners out there that would share how they feel about the Honda now that they have owned for some time? For the price seems like a great deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I have owned a 2017 LX AWD with about 30K miles for 3.5 years and have been very pleased with the electronics and the 6 speed transmission on the vehicle. No issues to report to date. I admit that the entertainment interface is very simplistic, but I like the turning knobs for volume control, and I can take or leave touchscreens. The only thing that bugs me is the missing outside temperature readout on the driver's display. That seems like a silly thing to leave off of the LXs, but I can quickly get temp from my phone or watch, so not a big deal. It has been a solid vehicle overall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
don't go beyond a 2020 or you'll be dealing with the push button shifter for the transmission. nothing wrong to go with the lx. less headaches and hassles from all the unnecessary techno doodads. check out the forum regarding the disabling of the vcm system which is in all pilot models if you plan on keeping it long term.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts