Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to the site and I wanted to know ifnay person has some recommendations on websites that I can purchase some fog lights for my pilot.

thanks!

Rene

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
481 Posts
What trim level is your Pilot? Do you want the factory kit with turn signal stalk etc? Check College Hills Honda, Bernardi Honda Parts, Honda Parts now. Amazon will have after market kits that fit some come with all the harnesses but not as good quality /beam pattern etc. '19 Pilot EX and up came with LED foglights.

Diode Dynamics makes great lights that basically pop right in with much better coverage, you can get yellow or white in fog or driving patterns. They also have wiring harnesses but then you need to know how to hook all that up and where to tap into.

The Retrofit Source also has other versions that basically snap in, same scenario on aftermarket harness.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went with these from Diode Dynamics:

Fog Light LEDs for 2016-2019 Honda Pilot (pair)

and chose the yellow. The picture doesn't do them justice.

Trust me. They are VERY yellow and very authentic "true" fog lamps. Very happy with them.

Install was a breeze. Just go in from the wheel well. Wrap up and tie off the excess cabling with a nice cable wrap.

I secured each of the resistors up to the sub-frame with double-sided tape. No extra harnesses are required - those are only needed for LED turn signals. Once I put in the LED switchbacks

Switchback Turn Signal LEDs for 2016-2021 Honda Pilot (pair)

there will be a nice "stack" of lighting on each side of the Pilot during both day/night.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I went with these from Diode Dynamics:

Fog Light LEDs for 2016-2019 Honda Pilot (pair)

and chose the yellow. The picture doesn't do them justice.

View attachment 147235

Trust me. They are VERY yellow and very authentic "true" fog lamps. Very happy with them.

Install was a breeze. Just go in from the wheel well. Wrap up and tie off the excess cabling with a nice cable wrap.

I secured each of the resistors up to the sub-frame with double-sided tape. No extra harnesses are required - those are only needed for LED turn signals. Once I put in the LED switchbacks

Switchback Turn Signal LEDs for 2016-2021 Honda Pilot (pair)

there will be a nice "stack" of lighting on each side of the Pilot during both day/night.
If you like them, you would love these SS3 LED Fog Light Kit for 2012-2021 Honda Pilot these. The lowest "sport" is really bright with a great beam pattern and spread. You can also get the aftermarket harness and run them with just parking lights and stay on with highbeam (unless there is a foglight MOD I didn't search for yet)

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you like them, you would love these SS3 LED Fog Light Kit for 2012-2021 Honda Pilot these. The lowest "sport" is really bright with a great beam pattern and spread. You can also get the aftermarket harness and run them with just parking lights and stay on with highbeam (unless there is a foglight MOD I didn't search for yet)
I looked at those but I don't trust myself with a Dremel to make them fit right without f-ing up something else. "Know thyself and STAY IN YOUR LANE" - me

I couldn't find the aftermarket harness you were mentioning. Can you point to it? I'd LOVE to be able to run those fogs with just the parking lamps on!

·
Registered
481 Posts
check this thread for the fogs. Others have done the same and basically screw in with the mount Upgraded 2019 Touring Fogs - Diode Dynamics

When I got the SS3 fogs for my sons Kia Forte I asked which harness. They said for the low power demand the 2 lights put on it, the light duty was what they recommended. That was what we installed. I always have one relay harnesses for my lights. Normally I modify switch wiring also so that the only thing going through firewall on them is the ground point to relay. If it shorts for some strange reason the worst that happens is the lights turn on and maybe kill my battery.

Light duty harness Light Duty Dual Output Offroad Wiring Harness

Heavy Duty Harness Heavy Duty Dual Output Offroad Wiring Harness

·
Registered
87 Posts
check this thread for the fogs. Others have done the same and basically screw in with the mount Upgraded 2019 Touring Fogs - Diode Dynamics

When I got the SS3 fogs for my sons Kia Forte I asked which harness. They said for the low power demand the 2 lights put on it, the light duty was what they recommended. That was what we installed. I always have one relay harnesses for my lights. Normally I modify switch wiring also so that the only thing going through firewall on them is the ground point to relay. If it shorts for some strange reason the worst that happens is the lights turn on and maybe kill my battery.

Light duty harness Light Duty Dual Output Offroad Wiring Harness

Heavy Duty Harness Heavy Duty Dual Output Offroad Wiring Harness
$550.00 for the Max power? WOW!

They look like they would make for some killer ditch lights.

Great idea about the harness, but I'm not keen on mounting an after-market switch on/into the dash...or another after-market power tap onto the battery (along with the S-VCM). I was hoping there was some way to modify the settings in the head unit so that the fogs turn on with the parking lights.

Anyone come across a hack like that? Is it a setting the dealership can modify through the computer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts