Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Pilot Elite
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm new here but just bought my second Pilot. I went from a 2009 EX-L to a 2019 Elite! Its so fancy!

So today while stopped at a stop light my car completely died. It said "Brake System Failure" on the screen where the trip computer is and then completely died! I couldn't turn on hazards or anything. So I sat and waited for my husband to come get me. He jumped me and then the car drove fine all the way home. I bought this car on Dec 31 so I'm kinda disappointed! I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else. I'm hoping it's just a battery issue but who knows? The car has given no other indication of a dying battery and here in Dallas, TX we are experiencing really cold weather.

Thanks Pilot peeps!

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Hello,
Did you buy this vehicle new or used?
Milage?
Are you using the stop/start feature? This can drain a battery faster. I recommend not using it. I'd get the battery checked. Make sure the battery terminals are tight.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2019 Honda Pilot Elite
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
Milage?
Are you using the stop/start feature? This can drain a battery faster. I recommend not using it. I'd get the battery checked. Make sure the battery terminals are tight.
I bought the car used and it currently has 16,000ish miles. I turn the auto idle off because I don’t like it haha. We are taking it to the dealership tomorrow but I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks for you response!

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I bought the car used and it currently has 16,000ish miles. I turn the auto idle off because I don’t like it haha. We are taking it to the dealership tomorrow but I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks for you response!
That's not many miles to have battery trouble. Hopefully the dealership will give you a new one.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
If you can do it safely, next time try to remember to record the issue on your phone.

My concern is the dealer won't be able to duplicate the issue.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
883 Posts
A 2019 with 16000 miles should may still have some factory warranty remaining on the AGM battery. Check for the In Service date of the car to see when the factory warranty started.

I know it has been cold down there so it may affect the battery. I would also check and see if it is still an AGM battery and it hasn't been switched out by the previous owner or dealership who had the car.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello all! I'm new here but just bought my second Pilot. I went from a 2009 EX-L to a 2019 Elite! Its so fancy!

So today while stopped at a stop light my car completely died. It said "Brake System Failure" on the screen where the trip computer is and then completely died! I couldn't turn on hazards or anything. So I sat and waited for my husband to come get me. He jumped me and then the car drove fine all the way home. I bought this car on Dec 31 so I'm kinda disappointed! I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else. I'm hoping it's just a battery issue but who knows? The car has given no other indication of a dying battery and here in Dallas, TX we are experiencing really cold weather.

Thanks Pilot peeps!
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring. I have found that having the dealership reinstall the software solves many many electrical problems. I have had many electrical problems including fob recognition for driver seat positions, accident mitigation system, engine idle stop, transmission shifting. I compare it to a phone that has problems, shut it off then on again and it seems to solve everything. Good luck, stay warm.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts

Thanks Pilot peeps!
Hi Joanna,
I grew up in N. Dallas.
Are you a Texan? Then you'd know that when Texans are giving verbal directions to someone, they call all 'stop lights' 'Red' lights. 'You go down to the 3rd red light, and turn right.' I always wondered, what if the light is green? You keep going till you see 3 red lights LOL.

I hope you get it solved, sorry for your troubles.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Pilot Elite
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,
Milage?
It ended up being a loose battery terminal. Easy fix but oh so scary when your car dies in the middle of the road

·
Registered
2019 Honda Pilot Elite
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Joanna,
I grew up in N. Dallas.
Are you a Texan? Then you'd know that when Texans are giving verbal directions to someone, they call all 'stop lights' 'Red' lights. 'You go down to the 3rd red light, and turn right.' I always wondered, what if the light is green? You keep going till you see 3 red lights LOL.

I hope you get it solved, sorry for your troubles.
Howdy! Yes I am a native Texan! I was born in Dallas proper and I’ve lived in Carrollton all my life. I’ve always called it a Red light and it covers green, yellow and red haha! It ended up being a loose battery terminal easy fix!

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Howdy! Yes I am a native Texan! I was born in Dallas proper and I’ve lived in Carrollton all my life. I’ve always called it a Red light and it covers green, yellow and red haha! It ended up being a loose battery terminal easy fix!
Hi Joanna,
Most of my childhood was in N. Dallas, Farmers Branch, Carrolton were all my stomping areas.
Richardson too.

Glad you have it fixed!

Have a great weekend!

Reactions: Nail Grease
1 - 11 of 11 Posts