Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am looking to fix the awkward armrest that my pilot came with. I am so used to of resting my elbow comfortably on console between driver and passenger seats. Are there any accessories available that can turn those awful armrests into more comfortable support.
Thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hello All,
I am looking to fix the awkward armrest that my pilot came with. I am so used to of resting my elbow comfortably on console between driver and passenger seats. Are there any accessories available that can turn those awful armrests into more comfortable support.
Thanks

Didn't do any search for your question?

199 replies to this question in the post which is right now the third item down on the Sticky topics at the top of this forum. Over 72000 views of it also!

Aftermarket ARMRESTS are finally here!! - order away

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,
Thanks
Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue: Whoever thought that ratcheting armrest was a good idea should be taken out and horsewhipped. Half the time it doesn’t work and when it does, it is still irritating to have to move it up and down and up and down. Today, I see that the armrest on the passenger seat is flopping down with nothing holding it up. All this in a three month-old 2019 leased Pilot. Can the armrests be replaced with something that works?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome!

What trim level of Pilot do you have? My Touring and the Elite have the ratcheting armrests on both the driver and passenger seats. Not sure if other trim levels do or not.

Refer to post Number 2 above to read about an aftermarket solution with pictures in some of the posts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for answering so promptly. It’s an EX-L, and I fear the passenger side one may just be broken entirely; it’s sagging down. I probably can’t do anything after market anyway because I lease the car. Traded up from my third CR-V this last time and until this armrest thing, I liked the car. It has a little giddy-up and go but then the mpg sucks. I’ve gotten better mileage from a V8 Corvette than I’m getting with this thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same issue: Whoever thought that ratcheting armrest was a good idea should be taken out and horsewhipped. Half the time it doesn’t work and when it does, it is still irritating to have to move it up and down and up and down. Today, I see that the armrest on the passenger seat is flopping down with nothing holding it up. All this in a three month-old 2019 leased Pilot. Can the armrests be replaced with something that works?
I just gave up personally and got mine to rest in the full upright position. Yes, that means there is no right arm rest at all for the driver but that seems to be better than dealing with the inadequate arm rest. Terrible design flaw by Honda if you ask me.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks for answering so promptly. It’s an EX-L, and I fear the passenger side one may just be broken entirely; it’s sagging down. I probably can’t do anything after market anyway because I lease the car. Traded up from my third CR-V this last time and until this armrest thing, I liked the car. It has a little giddy-up and go but then the mpg sucks. I’ve gotten better mileage from a V8 Corvette than I’m getting with this thing.
I have leased several cars and done modifications to them. Before turning them back in at lease end, I have removed the mods and sold the parts. You could do the same with the arm rest if it really bothers you that much.

Purchase and install it, use it till lease end, remove it and sell it here in the classified section or elsewhere. Even if you sell for about half of what you paid, you still had the use of it (guessing a 3 year lease?) and didn't lose all of your money.

Side note that when I first got my Pilot, I also hated the armrests. I always had a "normal" armrest and console and this one was a bit of n odd item. Within the first month (a 3800 mile road trip helped in the first weeks) and I got very use to the armrests. Not near as bad as I thought they would be. I have since decided not to get the aftermarket armrests even though I purchased this Pilot and plan on keeping it a long time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts