Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1361 - 1380 of 1397 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not. Yes, a 2019 Highlander with 400 miles on it. Long, awful story.
Might be off-topic here, but still' I'm very interested as the '19 Highlander was my close #2 choice before buying the Pilot.

Where can we read about your story?

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to report your price:

2019 Honda Pilot Touring 7 Passenger
AWD

MSRP $45,765
Actual Price Paid $38,600

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but was posting this to see how this price compares to what others are seeing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This time if year, when dealers are trying to make room for the 2020 versions, there should be no reason why your quote is higher than MSRP.

My OTD price was $4k under MSRP for a Touring AWD. Factor in sales tax and other fees, I saved about $7k.

Everything I learned about negotiating new car sales was from fightingchance.com. The method James Bragg teaches is GOLDEN! Have done it 5 times. Saved massively each time.
cannot believe you can get $7,000 down from MSRP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
cannot believe you can get $7,000 down from MSRP.
It's not hard to believe, but it's probably regional. In DC metro, over the summer when I bought mine dealers were offering 9k+ off (before tax and tags) Elites and 7.5k+ off Touring AWDs.

There's a lot of competition, and the competition is only increasing in a highly profitable market segment. Honda never had the best offering in the current generation, and on top of that the Pilot's near the end of its lifespan, so high discounts shouldn't be hard to come by.

The dealership I purchased from in late summer had over 200 2019 pilots on the lot as the 2020s were beginning to roll in. That's not a level of inventory where you're going to see profits pushed ahead of clearing the inventory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to report your price:

2019 Honda Pilot Touring 7 Passenger
AWD

MSRP $45,765
Actual Price Paid $38,600

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but was posting this to see how this price compares to what others are seeing.
I actually got the car today. Traded in 2016 Odyssey EX-L. Started at $38,600 for the Pilot and was offered $18,000 for the van. Final Numbers:

MSRP $45,765
Actual Price Paid $38,829.40 - I have no idea HOW this price was arrived at - but I guess made the trade-in look good
Trade In - $21,000

After taxes, doc fee, tags, etc. a little over $19,000 out the door. I'm pretty happy with the trade-in price I got, and figure I might have been able to get the selling price down a little, but not much. They kept telling me they were losing $2500 on the deal :)

Overall pretty happy. Nice new vehicle, replacing a van that didn't have CarPlay, Honda Sensing, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is the deal I'm signing on tomorrow less anybody here advises me to do otherwise...

2020 Touring 7 Passenger
AWD
Captian's Chairs in the 2nd Row

MSRP inc delivery: $46,015
Actual Price Paid before extras: $41,466
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): None yet.
Tax (NC): $1,243.98
Title and other fees: $482.50 (includes $385 DMV Fee + $75 Dealer Doc Fee + $12.50 NY State Tire Fee + $10 Inspection Fee)
Total: $43,192.48

(I am considering buying an extended warranty. 120K / 8year with a $0 deductible. Pricing I've gotten from various dealerships has ranged from $2554 to $2880 and I'm not yet clear on whether or not this product has set pricing from the manufacturer, or if it varies dealer to dealer. Does anybody know?)

Morehead Honda, Newburgh, New York
No trade-in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is the deal I'm signing on tomorrow less anybody here advises me to do otherwise...

2020 Touring 7 Passenger
AWD

Title and other fees: $482.50 (includes $385 DMV Fee + $75 Dealer Doc Fee + $12.50 NY State Tire Fee + $10 Inspection Fee)

(I am considering buying an extended warranty. 120K / 8year with a $0 deductible. Pricing I've gotten from various dealerships has ranged from $2554 to $2880 and I'm not yet clear on whether or not this product has set pricing from the manufacturer, or if it varies dealer to dealer. Does anybody know?)

No trade-in.

Ooops. I just realized this thread is for 2019s only. This one is a 2020.

·
Registered
7 Posts

2020 Touring 7 Passenger
AWD

No trade-in.
Look at Hyannis Honda for the Warranty! Should be about half of this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Might be off-topic here, but still' I'm very interested as the '19 Highlander was my close #2 choice before buying the Pilot.

Where can we read about your story?

Cheers
Hi, to keep it short and sweet, the newly delivered Highlander had an entirely inoperable infotainment system. I drive for a living and had the car back the following day and the dealer basically threw their hands up in the air at it. Were "going to get engineers involved". The dealer then handled the titling of the car in record time (one day...literally) in order for it to be deemed used. The infotainment system "Entune" apparently has a history of issues. Because I needed a car with functionality, the car literally went from 44k as new to 34k as "used". I took a hit, not because I didn't like the car, but because I never want to have to enter the dealership again. And the infotainment system is an antique by todays standards. There is an all new Highlander coming for 2020. I will not, however, be buying one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, to keep it short and sweet, the newly delivered Highlander had an entirely inoperable infotainment system. I drive for a living and had the car back the following day and the dealer basically threw their hands up in the air at it. Were "going to get engineers involved". The dealer then handled the titling of the car in record time (one day...literally) in order for it to be deemed used. The infotainment system "Entune" apparently has a history of issues. Because I needed a car with functionality, the car literally went from 44k as new to 34k as "used". I took a hit, not because I didn't like the car, but because I never want to have to enter the dealership again. And the infotainment system is an antique by todays standards. There is an all new Highlander coming for 2020. I will not, however, be buying one.
Thanks for the insight. That was the primary dealbreaker for me... the infotainment system in the 2019 was a joke, and lack of Android Auto killed it.

My inner self wanted the Toyota for (potential) reliability, as my previous ride was a 2004 Sienna that has 275,000 km and still going strong. I literally put oil, tires and brakes in that, it cost me zero on other repairs over the 15 years (my kids are now driving it), so I was drawn to Toyota on that basis. But compared to the Pilot, the 19 Highlander wasn't even close.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I literally put oil, tires and brakes in that, it cost me zero on other repairs over the 15 years (my kids are now driving it)
A bit off topic, but out of curiosity, no other maintenance beyond that, like other fluid exchanges, timing belt and/or spark plug/valve adjustments, etc. after 100K or some other larger intervals?

·
Registered
106 Posts
A bit off topic, but out of curiosity, no other maintenance beyond that, like other fluid exchanges, timing belt and/or spark plug/valve adjustments, etc. after 100K or some other larger intervals?
Yes, I did the transmission fluid around 150k, if I recall it was $90 CDN, and now that you remind me, the timing belt at around 225k, done by a local garage with excellent mechanics and rates, I believe it was ~$300 CDN. No spark plugs ever, no injectors, no valve or other engine issues. No alignments, I've never had issues with pulling or abnormal tire wear. It probably needs new struts as it does "float" a bit, but those are original still. For the most part the Sienna has cost me nearly nothing in repairs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all -

I'm new to this forum. Just picked up a 2019 EX-L AWD (MSRP $40,705 with destination). Here is the breakdown:

Base Price: $33,533.31
Add-ons: $525 (splash guards, wheel locks, all season mats, folding cargo tray)
Doc fee: $598
Title/license: $104
Tax (NC): $1039.69
Total: $35,800 OTD
Good price. Do you mind sharing the dealer and quote information with me at [email protected]? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price:
2019 Pilot EX AWD:
MSRP: 37,275
Base Price: 30,651
Tax: 1,916
OTD: 33,000

Experience: I have surveyed dealers in Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Whilst Houston dealers don't want to come down with price, they are at least nice and respectful. I am really not impressed with the DFW dealers, especially David mcDavid. For the DMD at Irving, the sales would like to come down for 6500, but the manager override the sales and said he would not come down that much. I have never seen this before. For the DMD at Frisco, the sales manager laughed at me and send a text message to do so, asking if my bottom line price of 33K is true or serious, saying that he meant that he can get an EX AWD at 33K, impossible. Well, I did! DMD folks also told me that everyone at DFW area has dealer add on. I am not impressed with their attitude.

I do seriously suggest that DFW folks to reject the sick attitude of these mockers and go down to San Antonio to cut deal with the amigos, who are much more friendly and easier to work with. I got two dealers would like to work with me in my price range.

1361 - 1380 of 1397 Posts