Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 1379 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The actual paid price of the vehicle without taxes was $32.4K. The total out the door was 35,650.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, 32,400 is better than I expected. I'd call that low 32s. Congratulations.

I really wish there were more price transparency in car shopping. I mean, how does Florida justify an 800 fee, other than it's legally allowed? What dealer overhead do those fees cover?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, 32,400 is better than I expected. I'd call that low 32s. Congratulations.

I really wish there were more price transparency in car shopping. I mean, how does Florida justify an 800 fee, other than it's legally allowed? What dealer overhead do those fees cover?
You can’t. It’s the law. I can’t believe that Florida has a law that prevent you from buying extended warranty in other states or online through authorized Honda dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ended up buying an EX-L AWD on 8/29 in Central Virginia.

Selling Price $33200
Dealer Fee $599
VA Title Tax $1402.66
Dealer Tax $56.18
License Fee $2.00
Title Fee $15.00
Online Filing $17.00

TOTAL OTD $35291.84

·
Registered
22 Posts
What ended up happening with your quote? My guess is you've got about a $300 buffer in that roughly 33,100 quote, but who knows. There's no evidence of anyone getting a low 32k quote so far, not that I've seen. Curious where you'll end up on this.
Not my deal (I've not leased/buyed yet) but I'v seen more than one low 32K for EX-L AWD here in this thread.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Selling Price $33200
Dealer Fee $599
VA Title Tax $1402.66
Dealer Tax $56.18
License Fee $2.00
Title Fee $15.00
Online Filing $17.00

TOTAL OTD $35291.84
Good one, that's pretty close to my goal of 35K OTD with 7% Tax included.

Congrats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not my deal (I've not leased/buyed yet) but I'v seen more than one low 32K for EX-L AWD here in this thread.
I haven't found another low 32K 2019 Pilot EX-L other than the FWD mentioned here on this last page (p.66) of the forum.

I wish there was an easier way to verify. If you think you could find me a link, it would be hugely helpful! I kinda suspect you saw an EX quote?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I kinda suspect you didn't search hard enough.

Try this.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Selling Price $33200
Dealer Fee $599
VA Title Tax $1402.66
Dealer Tax $56.18
License Fee $2.00
Title Fee $15.00
Online Filing $17.00

TOTAL OTD $35291.84
Thanks for sharing.
Can you share where you bought this from? In the market for a similar configuration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
Can you share where you bought this from? In the market for a similar configuration.
Colonial Honda in Chester, VA is where I bought.

Pearson Honda in Midlothian, VA was close on price as well, but did not have the color we wanted

·
Registered
5 Posts
I kinda suspect you didn't search hard enough.

Try this.

Thanks for posting. Those testimonials you'd seen simply parsed out the destination fee, and my criteria includes it. Not your fault.

I'm of the mind that I don't pay a destination fee when I buy something at a store because logistics is included in the price. There's no destination fee when I buy a burger a Wendy's. Clearly the car industry is bent on making price as ambiguous as possible, thus, this forum exists to clarify it. Still, there's confusion among even those committed to understanding car prices, by design of the industry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for posting. Those testimonials you'd seen simply parsed out the destination fee, and my criteria includes it. Not your fault.

I'm of the mind that I don't pay a destination fee when I buy something at a store because logistics is included in the price. There's no destination fee when I buy a burger a Wendy's. Clearly the car industry is bent on making price as ambiguous as possible, thus, this forum exists to clarify it. Still, there's confusion among even those committed to understanding car prices, by design of the industry.
If you read around the dates of those posts I actually mention the destination fee omission by one of the deal posters.

You got a point though. However that is one hard to waive by dealers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How to report your price:

Trim level: Elite AWD 2019

41800 MSRP inc delivery
$45,000 Out the door including tax, and other fees.
Honda financed so came with 100k mile warranty and maintenance for free.

San Antonio Gilman Honda

Did not trade cars or anything. I made 4-5 dealerships negotiate against each other. got a price from 1 dealer took it to another and kept doing that over text and eventually I got a 45 OTD offer and I took it. so ended up buying 2 a silver and a red. brand new 11 miles on each.

·
Registered
5 Posts
EX-L, FWD, no extras
List: 39,100
Actual Price Paid before extras: 32,000
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): N/A
Tax: 1,610
Title and other fees: 200
Total OTD: 33,810
Mississippi
No trade in

·
Registered
21 Posts
EX-L, FWD, no extras
List: 39,100
Actual Price Paid before extras: 32,000
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): N/A
Tax: 1,610
Title and other fees: 200
Total OTD: 33,810
Mississippi
No trade in
This is a really good deal. Which dealership was this and who was the sales person ? Also did you buy a color they were looking to unload ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice! Hoping for something like this but in NY. It's like $37k before TTL now, hoping for better after the 2020s are in.

Selling Price $33200
Dealer Fee $599
VA Title Tax $1402.66
Dealer Tax $56.18
License Fee $2.00
Title Fee $15.00
Online Filing $17.00

TOTAL OTD $35291.84

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 Obsidian Blue
Chicagoland area, decent deal?(Pre-purchase sanity check:) )

2019 EX AWD
$31,200 sale price
$175 documentation fee
$25 erf (electronic registration fee)
$2,320.50 sales tax (based on 7%)
$251 new license plates

$33,970.50 OTD
Got a little better selling price, ended up being $33,373 OTD!

1301 - 1320 of 1379 Posts