Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1339 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a 19 Pilot Elite AWD in white w/ blk interior (color i wanted) last thursday at Prime Honda in Mass for $41,065 before tax/reg.
Included wheel locks. Tried to get all weather mats thrown in but they wouldnt budge.
Also bought a service plan that lasts up to 6 years/75k miles (up to 15 oil changes w/ semisynthetic and tire rotations included) for $962. Opinions on that service plan? Felt worth it to me since dealership is close

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought 8/31 in Chicago,IL

2019 Honda Pilot EX (Awd).

OTD Price: $33,559.35
Selling Price:$31,547
Doc Fee: $179.81
Taxes: $2619.54
Plates: $175
Cook County Tax: $15
Honda Rebate: $-1000

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Just bought a '19 Pilot Elite silver/gray $43K before taxes,etc. Sticker was $49K and change.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yesterday, I closed on my purchase of a 2019 EX-L AWD for $33,345 (purchase price) and $37,608 out-the-door in Northern NJ.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yesterday, I closed on my purchase of a 2019 EX-L AWD for $33,345 (purchase price) and $37,608 out-the-door in Northern NJ.
how much are the TTL? i got mine back in march for $35k, and with TTL it came out to be $37,300. i lived in PA and tax is very similar to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
$2,312 NJ sales tax, $1,045 Destination Fee, $ 499 Doc Fees, $ 401 Registration Fees and a couple of other incidentals.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The destination fee should be already included in the negotiated price. so you are actually gettting the car for $34,390.

NJ is crazy on the fees. PA dealerships normally charges around 300 in doc and registration fees.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The destination fee should be already included in the negotiated price. so you are actually gettting the car for $34,390.

NJ is crazy on the fees. PA dealerships normally charges around 300 in doc and registration fees.

Yes, indeed. I checked several dealers, and most were at $499 in doc fees. Some were even higher. It's ridiculous, and there is no way the forms the generate by computer justify that amount. However, the dealers cannot do anything about the NJ registration fees. At least, my Pilot registration will not have to be renewed for 4 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased the following in North Texas. Saturday Aug 31.

2019 Pilot Elite - Modern Steel // Grey Int.

Sale price: $42515.74 (inc. 5k Tow Pkg)
Tax (@ 6.25%): $2657.23
Temp Tag Fee: $5.00
Deal Inv Tax: $101.44
TT: $62.75
&L: $101.50
St Insp Fee: $7.00

Total OTD: $45600.66
Total OTD before 5k Tow: $44800

Rolled into Sale price - 5k Tow Pkg Installed: $~800
Local dealer included Lifetime Limited Warranty for Powertrain with OTD price.

Dealer Acc.(PROT PKG) -
Wheel Locks
Window Tint
Splash Guards
Rear Cargo Cover

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought 8/31 in Chicago,IL

2019 Honda Pilot EX (Awd).

OTD Price: $33,559.35
Selling Price:$31,547
Doc Fee: $179.81
Taxes: $2619.54
Plates: $175
Cook County Tax: $15
Honda Rebate: $-1000
Ok this has to be by far the best deal for an EX-L (AWD?).

Wow, 6 hours is a long time!! Did you pay $37,500 OTD or before TTL?
Certainly one I would spend 6 hrs in a dealer to get. LOL

Was there any trade ins involved?

Thanks, and enjoy your new Pilot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2019 Pilot Elite

I just bought a 2019 Elite with wheel locks, mud flaps (cant remember the term they used), and running boards for $43,200. We declined all of the overpriced maintenance/extended warranties since they were in the thousands. How would you purchase it online?

I used to work part time at a VW dealership in the service dept and would see how frequently the third party warranties did not pay for repairs so I have never bought one. I had several conversations with the service managers about the third party companies and how much of a scam they were. I would feel bad since the customers thought they were buying an official one from some other VW dealer but would find out about the third party when they came to us and the claim was denied. I would be interested in one directly from Honda though.
If you want to purchase online extended warranty try Saccucci honda(

Saccucci Honda Care <[email protected]>
or Bernardi Honda or College Hills. They are 2 to 3 times less than your local dealers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone had any luck finding a good deal in the Austin/San Antonio/Dallas/Houston Area? Looking for a EXL FWD for my dad. His initial quotes were around 34K which is much higher than what I am seeing in the Chicagoland area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine for 33161 from Fernandez honda San Antonio best price . Im sure you can find lower price if your willing to wait for some dealers to lower their price. Beware of the fender paint chip at passenger side headlight thought . Mine has it and other cars on the lot have the same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Dealer Acc.(PROT PKG) -
Wheel Locks
Window Tint
Splash Guards
Rear Cargo Cover

Dealer Acc.(PROT PKG) -
Wheel Locks
Window Tint
Splash Guards
Rear Cargo Cover

Wow it appears you got a deal. Here

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got 2019 Touring-7 AWD on Aug 31 for $38406 + $1500 5k tow + $495 doc fee + tax + title. OTD was right around $43K.

Based on Memberzonly response, they ripped me on the 5k tow package, I ended paying $1500 installed. But I think compared to Texas the MA labor rates are higher. I ended up not wanting to deal with the hassle of someone else installing it.

On the bright side, I sold the 2012 EXL RES AWD with 90K+ miles independently for $15,500 in 1 day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'19 Elite in Silver/Gray.

$42,000 + $199 doc fees.
Including dealer add-ons of ($895 total)
  • window tinting (front)
  • side body molding, color matched
  • OEM rubber floor mats
  • folding cargo tray mat
  • splash guards, ie little mud flaps.
I probably would have bought the above anyway at some point.

for those interested or who want to feel sorry for me :) ...sales tax is 9.1% in my area of KS on that full amount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently being quoted 36,083, before TTL, for a 19 Pilot Touring 2WD 8 Pass here in Florida.

Dealer works off one price model where they make their money in F&I. Already informed them I won’t be purchasing any additional products and I also had them submit deal to Honda Financial so no spot delivery takes place.

According to them, everything is good to go. To me, 7,500 off a Pilot Touring just seems too good to be true. Am I correct in thinking that?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Currently being quoted 36,083, before TTL, for a 19 Pilot Touring 2WD 8 Pass here in Florida.

Dealer works off one price model where they make their money in F&I. Already informed them I won’t be purchasing any additional products and I also had them submit deal to Honda Financial so no spot delivery takes place.

According to them, everything is good to go. To me, 7,500 off a Pilot Touring just seems too good to be true. Am I correct in thinking that?
I have read on other forums that Floridia dealers have some of the highest dealer doc fees in the country! I mean over $800 or $900 dollars, and some even right at one thousand. Might want to double check what their fees are since you were quoted such a low price BEFORE TTL.

Those TTL could include all kinds of hidden fees including dealer add ons, nitrogen tire fill, etc. Some dealers also try to add the destination fee so make sure that is in the original quote also. If you do get that quoted price, congratulations!

1261 - 1280 of 1339 Posts