Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1397 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ended up with a Touring for $38,300. I don’t feel like I got a GREAT deal, but the dealership ran the Carfax for my trade-in (a 2013 Civic with only 22k miles) and the report was wrong! When my car was 30 days old someone rear-ended me and I had to get the bumper replaced...Carfax showed my airbag deployed in the crash (it didn’t) making my car worth less. I could have left and started the dispute process with Carfax, but from what I’ve read it can take a while. The dealership agreed to give me $1k additional for my trade after I provided the police report for the accident, so I just took it so I could get the deal done. It’s an awesome car and a decent price, so I’m happy. Thanks for all of your helpful info!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went to 4 honda dealers here in Boston finally settled on price using mdguys purchase as base negotiations.

EXL AWD
1045 destination

33,450 negotiated price @ Prime
495 doc fee
2134 taxachusetts
135 plates

36,214 OTD. Will sign at end of day.
Dealer threw in all weather floor mats + mudguards free of charge.

Ocean Honda 34k, and Boch 33,750 would not budge.

I bet end of the month when the 2020 model arrives, could push for 35k+ otd, but couldn't wait another 4 to 6 weeks. Color combinations are running out. Plenty of black and gray pilots on the 4 dealers I've been to though. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ended up with a Touring for $38,300. I don’t feel like I got a GREAT deal, but the dealership ran the Carfax for my trade-in (a 2013 Civic with only 22k miles) and the report was wrong! When my car was 30 days old someone rear-ended me and I had to get the bumper replaced...Carfax showed my airbag deployed in the crash (it didn’t) making my car worth less. I could have left and started the dispute process with Carfax, but from what I’ve read it can take a while. The dealership agreed to give me $1k additional for my trade after I provided the police report for the accident, so I just took it so I could get the deal done. It’s an awesome car and a decent price, so I’m happy. Thanks for all of your helpful info!!
Was 38.3 out the door?

·
Registered
127 Posts
So that $38K price was the total OTD price after trade-in? What was the vehicle price itself?

·
Registered
13 Posts
FYI to all - I emailed Criswell Honda in MD and they offered to match the 32,299 + dest (1045), processing (299), tax (6%), title & reg (287). Heritage Honda in Westminster and Parkville both offering close to that deal (32,6xx). Ourisman in Bethsda says 33,399 is their best and final (but includes cargo mat, splash guards, wheel locks and nitrogen). I'm going with the cheapest one. Will buy this weekend. Just wanted to give an update to others out there, looking. We're not at $35k OTD, yet, but very close! Glad I didn't buy earlier this year, since I think it will be saving me about $2k to buy in August.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased an elite.

There’s a misconception with buying cars in 2019 that you can get the best price over the internet.

That doesn’t happen any longer.

If you know what you want and know what you want to pay, the best deals are to be had by walking into a dealership. And not on a Saturday.

Walking into a dealership is a sign you are serious. They do not want you to walk out because they know you are very likely to buy a car at the right price.

Dealers are not stupid. They know internet shoppers are just going to take whatever price they offer and shop it around and they are generally not going to play that game unless they have a quota to hit or a serious inventory excess they need to burn down quickly.

I could get the price I paid at any dealership. I’m not going to share personal details so an unknown number of strangers can take it over and over to every dealership around where I live.
i couldn't disagree more. you can absolutely get the best price over the internet. you have to ask the right questions, cast a wide net and be aggressive

·
Registered
40 Posts
I finally had the time to test drive the Honda Pilot EX-L FWD. The dealer offered price not including tax and fees was $33,098.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I finally had the time to test drive the Honda Pilot EX-L FWD. The dealer offered price not including tax and fees was $33,098.

You should be able to do better than that on the FWD model. 33,450 was my price for EXL-AWD. Usually about a 1500-2000 difference between FWD/AWD.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You should be able to do better than that on the FWD model. 33,450 was my price for EXL-AWD. Usually about a 1500-2000 difference between FWD/AWD.
Thanks for the tip. This is my first quote. I figured that I can bring it down some more since they had a substantial inventory of 2019 Pilots.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you share the MA dealer you got the best deal? Was it Prime? Thank you.
Yea prime honda. Email a guy named Peter H. Hes in charge of internet sales and will consult the sales management team. I will guarantee you if you pressed for 33,450 he will accept. Ask for floormats and mudguards as part of deal. They wouldn't go any lower and I tried multiple times. Boch, oceans prices were 33,750 and 34,000.

If you wait a 4 to 6 weeks can likely get a better deal, but no more than another 500 to 800 I don't think. There weren't many white with black interiors in all of MA left but plenty of black on black or gray on black on the lots. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea prime honda. Email a guy named Peter H. Hes in charge of internet sales and will consult the sales management team. I will guarantee you if you pressed for 33,450 he will accept. Ask for floormats and mudguards as part of deal. They wouldn't go any lower and I tried multiple times. Boch, oceans prices were 33,750 and 34,000.

If you wait a 4 to 6 weeks can likely get a better deal, but no more than another 500 to 800 I don't think. There weren't many white with black interiors in all of MA left but plenty of black on black or gray on black on the lots. Good luck
Thanks a lot. I'm in Connecticut, but willing to drive over if the price is competitive. Looking for Touring 8P white on black, but there are almost none left in this area. I will send them an email tonight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks a lot. I'm in Connecticut, but willing to drive over if the price is competitive. Looking for Touring 8P white on black, but there are almost none left in this area. I will send them an email tonight.
We initially wanted the touring model but the upgrades in it didnt justify the ~5000 increase. We test drove the elite as well, but at that price you may as well buy straight luxury, like Q7/X5.

I tried to convince the wife to take the CX9, it so much nicer in the interior but there was literally no incentives to buy it. Would have to pay more and gotten less.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We initially wanted the touring model but the upgrades in it didnt justify the ~5000 increase. We test drove the elite as well, but at that price you may as well buy straight luxury, like Q7/X5.

I tried to convince the wife to take the CX9, it so much nicer in the interior but there was literally no incentives to buy it. Would have to pay more and gotten less.
Elites are selling for 41k + TTL right now. Q7 and X5 are 50-60k+...so not exactly comparable in price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i couldn't disagree more. you can absolutely get the best price over the internet. you have to ask the right questions, cast a wide net and be aggressive
My experience has been that the initial price the dealerships give to you via internet are slight lower than what they would tell you in person, but none of the 20+ dealerships would budge off the internet price via email, but did go lower than the internet price when I went into the dealership and negotiated.

It's pretty stupid if you ask me, but somehow it must be working for them if they're doing it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My experience has been that the initial price the dealerships give to you via internet are slight lower than what they would tell you in person, but none of the 20+ dealerships would budge off the internet price via email, but did go lower than the internet price when I went into the dealership and negotiated.

It's pretty stupid if you ask me, but somehow it must be working for them if they're doing it.
I agree somewhat, the (4) dealerships wouldnt even mention incetives or price unless i was willing to buy right then and there, they wouldnt give me their best price until I printed off an email chain discussing with an internet sales manager, it was at that point they used that at Prime Honda to beat their price, unfortunately afterwards, i couldnt get any lower from any other dealerships.

Also, I was just stating if you were buying upwards of an Elite model say 41+ TTL ~ 44/45k, you can definitely get an X5/Q7 with incentives for 47-50k + TTL. You're already paying 45K, whats financing another 4-5K. You're talking about cup of coffee a day @ 3$, for the next 5 years.

Hell even at that price, should look at the MDX.

1041 - 1060 of 1397 Posts