Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 1393 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you mind sharing the dealer info? I am trying to negotiate a

Did you close the deal?
I'm heading to another dealership this weekend. It's an hour drive so I hope it will be worth it in the end. They said if I came in, they would beat that price but it probably won't be by much...maybe $100 diff is my guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, my complaint is when someone gives an out-the-door price without the details. Why is that important?

well, I knew a guy in 2013 who purchased a $30,000 truck for "$14,000 out the door. '

Then during the conversation, he tells me he trade in a vehicle worth $12,000. Kind of made his out the door price meaningless if he doesn't supply the other details.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder if the prices really drop by that much (by about a few thousand essentially) in just a matter of a couple of months or so.
I think prices will reach their floor which in my opinion is pretty much now. Thereafter its slim pickings since folks seem to be picking up a lot of 2019s

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think prices will reach their floor which in my opinion is pretty much now. Thereafter its slim pickings since folks seem to be picking up a lot of 2019s
Just interesting how it just happened fairly quickly and suddenly just recently. Not sure if it's been like that in previous years.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm heading to another dealership this weekend. It's an hour drive so I hope it will be worth it in the end. They said if I came in, they would beat that price but it probably won't be by much...maybe $100 diff is my guess.
Believe me, I am all for saving money when it comes to buying a car. I am also all for building a relationship with the dealership (especially the service department) and will do a lot to buy from a local store where I will be having service and warranty work done.

In the long run, that $100.00 or so you may save may not help much if you have to deal with your local dealership. You can have work done anywhere and they are supposed to treat all customers the same, but I have received loaner cars when it really wasn't covered for free while others who didn't buy from there had to either use their shuttle service or rent a car themselves.

I have also been able to get last minute appointments when others have had to wait several days only because I am sure I had purchased the vehicle from them.

Good luck with your purchase and hope everything works out well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check out Shockley Honda’s website. Their prices are posted online. Very transparent. Honda Elite 2019 available for $43.9k OTD.
Honda EX-L 2019 for 35.9k OTD. Don’t know of anyone else in the D.C. area including Virginia, Maryland, D.C. who is as transparent. Also recommend Heritage Honda where I bought my Elite last night. Straight shooters and no games. Cannot say that of many many other dealers that I tried to work with across VA and MD. Heritage did not try to fleece more money for my choice of color, or did not add any unwanted options or do any hard selling of warranties or crap.. Explained all the terms of the lease in clear terms. No crap about go down to the dealer for the best price or “fine tuning”. First email out of them laid out the price which was the best that I got. Called them, told them what color I wanted and they said no problem. Decision was made in one hour. With five hours, I was driving back home in my “ Elite”. Leased my Honda for 36 months/12k miles annual with money factor 0.00111 and RV at 57 percent. About $541 monthly payment

·
Registered
16 Posts
Believe me, I am all for saving money when it comes to buying a car. I am also all for building a relationship with the dealership (especially the service department) and will do a lot to buy from a local store where I will be having service and warranty work done.

In the long run, that $100.00 or so you may save may not help much if you have to deal with your local dealership. You can have work done anywhere and they are supposed to treat all customers the same, but I have received loaner cars when it really wasn't covered for free while others who didn't buy from there had to either use their shuttle service or rent a car themselves.

I have also been able to get last minute appointments when others have had to wait several days only because I am sure I had purchased the vehicle from them.

Good luck with your purchase and hope everything works out well.
I was being sarcastic about the $100. As with most salesman over they phone, he or she will tell you to "come on down, we'll make you a really good deal"...you know, that sales pitch...only to find it not a deal at all.

I've bought 5 Honda vehicles in 8 yrs from one dealership. I'm like you, I prefer to be loyal to one dealership. My go to salesman left so I'm dealing with a new person who seems to not care about having loyal customers.

I called a different dealership yesterday, who has already given me a quote, and they gave me a higher quote than what they gave me a few days ago. This different dealership that I called, I had previously bought 3 Honda cars from them but treated me bad when I went to get another Honda from them so that's why I switched dealership (to the one I bought 5 Honda's from).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got EXL Nevi plus RES for 38500 OTD. Before Tax, it was 34600. Living CA Los Angeles county. Tax is killing the deal, but that was the best one around southern CA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mdguy- Can I have the dealer location and salesperson name.? I’m from Northern VA.
I was debating between EX and EXL, but seeing your price I probably will go for EXL.
Thanks.

1001 - 1020 of 1393 Posts