Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

821 - 840 of 1379 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you to everyone that has posted. You all helped me save money - no doubt. (I'm in NE Ohio.)

EX-L AWD - Price w/ Destination quotes ranged from a high of $37,650 (one person quoted me MSRP plus destination $40k+) to a low of $35,700. Doc fees were typically $250. My tax was 8%...so OTD $38,850ish.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thank you to everyone that has posted. You all helped me save money - no doubt. (I'm in NE Ohio.)

EX-L AWD - Price w/ Destination quotes ranged from a high of $37,650 (one person quoted me MSRP plus destination $40k+) to a low of $35,700. Doc fees were typically $250. My tax was 8%...so OTD $38,850ish.

I am also in Ohio (Mentor area) and the state caps the dealer doc fees at $250.00 or 10% of the selling price, which ever is less.

Some states cap at $80.00, some don't cap at all, hence dealers in Floridia have had doc fees of up to $1000.00!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quick question for everyone
should/Can my OTD price be higher than the MSRP. From reading everyone's comments, Ive noticed that everyone's OTD price have been lower than the MSRP. The negotiation that I've have had so far, my OTD price have been slightly higher than the MSRP.

Thanks!
This time if year, when dealers are trying to make room for the 2020 versions, there should be no reason why your quote is higher than MSRP.

My OTD price was $4k under MSRP for a Touring AWD. Factor in sales tax and other fees, I saved about $7k.

Everything I learned about negotiating new car sales was from fightingchance.com. The method James Bragg teaches is GOLDEN! Have done it 5 times. Saved massively each time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
May 31, 2018
I was able to use this forum for bargaining. Plus it was the last day of the month which helped. Hopefully you can use it to your advantage also! 2019 EX-L Pilot AWD. Washington State

C5E05572-18A1-49AB-AE52-A4573DFB25F9.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Purchased my Pilot EX-L FWD today from First Texas Honda (Austin, TX).
Around $5800 off MSRP, $35,500 OTD. No any special rebate (military or new grad) applied.
Not as lucky as @pjshoo, my dealer did not offer any addon for free.
Thanks for the all the help guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for all posting here, it has been very helpful. We just drove home with our new pilot earlier last week.
The final numbers are:
EX-L AWD with dealer installed accesories - Trailer Hitch/Wiring Harness, ATF Cooler, and Block Heater (needed where I am)
Vehicle Price:35341
Accessories with Install: 1250
Total OTD with tax, title, reg, and doc fee of 299(ND): 39800
I did all negotiation by email, text, or phone, between the five dealers closest to me. Only set foot in a dealer to take a test ride initially a month earlier and then to a different one to sign papers and pickup vehicle.
I got five email quotes ranging from $37225-$39029 for the same exact vehicle and installed accessories.
I finally had a couple dealers bidding back and forth down to the 39800 OTD I went with, another dealer wouldn't go to 39600 OTD ($100 doc fee) soon enough and the dealer offering 39800 had the color I wanted available to pickup with much more convenient timing for me. I had offered 39500 OTD to a third dealer and they wouldn't even come back with a counter offer on a new Pilot. I could have probably gotten a lower price with some more patient negotiations, but the timing worked out well and saved me some hassle and gas money that would make up the difference anyway.

I learned from a coworker that the time to buy a new car is at the end of the manufacturer's fiscal year. The deals are the best because dealers have incentive quotas to meet. Apparently, Honda's fiscal year ends March 31, if you look back through this thread I think many of the best deals were at this time. Unfortunately I couldn't wait 9 more months to get a new vehicle, I've got a road trip planned in a few weeks that I didn't trust my previous car with.

This is my first new car buying experience, and all I can think of is how messed up the process of buying a new car is. New car dealers would not exist if it was not for their historical legal protections, manufacturer's would just sell direct to consumer like Tesla is doing where it can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Purchased my Pilot EX-L FWD today from First Texas Honda (Austin, TX).
Around $5800 off MSRP, $35,500 OTD. No any special rebate (military or new grad) applied.
Not as lucky as @pjshoo, my dealer did not offer any addon for free.
Thanks for the all the help guys.
smart2003,
Does your price of $35,500 include taxes, documentation, tags, title, any other crap ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
smart2003,
Does your price of $35,500 include taxes, documentation, tags, title, any other crap ?
Yes, that's the drive out price including everything. The dealer said it has some special incentive for memorial day sale (maybe $1000 or some other number, I forgot). I do not know if it is true or not, but the price during memorial holidays is much better than early May when I took the first round quote.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, that's the drive out price including everything. The dealer said it has some special incentive for memorial day sale (maybe $1000 or some other number, I forgot). I do not know if it is true or not, but the price during memorial holidays is much better than early May when I took the first round quote.
That seems to be good price. Congratulations

·
Registered
1 Posts
purchased a 2019 pilot EXL-AWD in florida 8 months ago and paid 38,400 OTD. Forest green with beige leather interior. No incentives or discounts offered at the time of purchase. If purchasing now i am sure i could bring the price few hundred less. Did not buy the extended warranty. Dealer quoted me $2980 8yr/125k. cant buy them out of state due to some florida law prohibits buying warranty from out of state???
looking to buy some accessories for my pilot like roof rack and seat covers and high wall mats any suggestion where to buy online? what it would cost to install at the dealer? Also color suggestion for the graphics package for my forest green. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, we're looking a a price on a 2019 EX-L FWD with RES. How do you think the deal below stacks up?

Selling Price: 40,805
Discount: 5,200.80
Adjusted Price: 35,604.20
  • Admin fee: 589.00
  • Tax: 1085.80
  • DMV fees: 121.00
OTD: 37,400

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please use this thread to discuss pricing on model year 2019 Pilots ONLY!

How to report your price:

Trim level
AWD or FWD
Factory options selected

MSRP inc delivery
Actual Price Paid before extras
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing)
Tax
Title and other fees
Total

Dealer name, city, state.
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not.

Thanks
2019 AWD Pilot Touring 7 passenger, honda sensing, advanced navi and RES, perforated heated 2nd-Row captain's chairs, white and black.

MSRP $45,715 including destination

-42,500 price paid OTD no breakdown as I didn’t care

·
Registered
24 Posts
These are selling for 9% off MSRP, + TTL in other parts of the country. I am waiting for the initial demand to dwindle so that dealers have stock sitting on their lots for a few weeks or months, then we will purchase our 2019 Elite.
I bought one tonight. Much incentivation ensued. I am too worn out to go find the paperwork and post it tonight but I feel like I got a really good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Pilot Touring 8 Passenger AWD White exterior / black interior
$40k (before taxes and fees) (MSRP 45615)
Accessories - protection plan plus some security feature $1k
I used TrueCar to get pricing in the area
Santa Maria Honda - ask for Edward
If you live between San Fran and SoCal - hit up shift shift.com/r/fgwgf to sell your car - they gave me $4k more than anyone else would for a trade in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey All. Sorry for not breaking down my buy either. I had to cancel my extended warranty when i asked for Honda care, the guy gave me Fidelity which was 2700 and some change after tax. Canceled that and got with Honda care for about half the price for 8/120k. This is in Florida also. Warranty is regulated so i had to call out of state and i used my credit card address in order to get the warranty.

2019 Honda Pilot Touring 7-Seater Black on Black with Protection plan.
41.4k OTD which included new tags (450 in Florida) and tax..
I got the protection package (2300) which was already on the car so they just "gave away with the car" which included tint, wheel lock, floor mats, edge guard and cargo tray from what i remember which pushed the MRSP to 46k. (I know all these addons wouldn't have been more than 500.

I wish i could have gotten the AWD version though. Overall, this site gave a good price to aim for. I went in with a dealer already offering 41.4 but it was much further so i went here and stood my ground. If i was more patience, i could have got it for 41k OTD i believe but it was fairly painless. in and out in about 2 hours with car in hand. negotiation took less than an hour. Downside of this all is i had to go back a few time to do paperwork and my tags are not even sent yet so i have to deal with their temp tags for a much while longer.

Coggin Honda of Orlando on OBT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At negotiation stage with dealership and looking for feedback:

ExL model - AWD
No extra options added on

MSRP $40,655
Discount ($5611)
New Sale Price: $35,044 (was $35,244 before Costco discount)
Only add on is wheel locks for $84.15 (originally $99, 15% Costco discount)
Tax $1802.76 (Waukesha, WI)
Service fee $220
WI State License and Fees ($174)
Total cash price $37,324.91
Offered 1.9% financing for 60 months

Schlossman Honda, Milwaukee, WI
Also will get 15% off all accessories at time of purchase and after survey, 50% off of one accessory (up to $100) due to a Costco Member Discount program (saved me $200 off, reflected above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Pilot AWD Elite
MSRP inc transportation $49,065
Actual Price Paid before extras $43,407.83
Dealer fitted extras Window tint, wheel locks, rear mat
Tax None due to trade in
Title and other fees $1350
Total $45,283.87

Dealer name, city, state. Autonation Honda Chandler Arizona
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not. Traded in 2018 Ford F150 Raptor at a very good price.

821 - 840 of 1379 Posts