Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1339 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmm, just emailed the dealer I got a quote on a '18 EX-L AWD from Costco on for multiple quotes ('18 EX-L AWD, '19 EX-L AWD and '19 Touring 7 AWD) and they just sent one (special internet pricing, Costco pricing isn't available yet)

$45,715.00 (Seems $300 higher than above, actually the 7-pass is a $300 option)

Price Quote
$43,360.00 (5.15% off)

Note: Long Island, NY dealer

I would love to be able to get the 7-pass in the EX-L oh well....

2019 EX-L AWD quote...

MSRP
$40,655.00

Costco Price Quote
$38,744.00 (4.70% Off)

So much meh.

Look at post #2 in this thread and I’m sure you’ll get a better deal than those. It’s about 1 hour 20 minutes from NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was quoted $1497 for 7 year/100k warranty through Cost Guard - some third party warranty service. Stating how much better it was vs. Honda Care. I told him Honda Care or nothing, otherwise I was going to purchase it through Hyannis Honda. With all the LCD screens, etc. included now in these cars I have to somewhat agree these costs will add up quick if warranty is not available. Time will tell if I made the right decision. 6-7 years from now, I am pretty sure the dealer labor costs, etc. will cost more than today as well.
I bought Saccucchi - Honda Care for around the same price. Honda Care is good. Other warranties may not be worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just agreed to terms on 2019 Pilot Touring AWD 7 passenger Modern Steel/Black Leather this afternoon in New Hampshire.

MSRP: $45,415
Sale Price: $41,174
+ $369 Admin Fee's.
+ $89 Wheel Locks

OTD: $41,659

Dealer is also throwing in All weather mats for free.

I fought hard on my trade in and got them to give me almost $1k more on my trade than it should reasonably be worth, so they were willing to let me walk over discounting the admin fee and the wheel locks this early in month and the model!

No sales tax in NH doesn't hurt the price btw :)
Great deal! Where was this? We bought our ‘18 EX-L at the Honda dealer in Salem, NH

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t pay mind to people that say warranty is not needed. What if Im one of the unlucky 1% that might needed it one day in the future? Specially with all this tech and all. So for my peace of mind I paid $1,395 for 8 years 120K miles with $0 deductible for a 2019 Pilot Touring from College Hills Honda

There is a huge markup on warranties too, of course. Did you negotiate that price?

Also, you would have been better off setting that money aside in a bank account for 8 years rather than financing it in your loan. You're paying interest on that $1400, and likely never even using it. Depending on the number of months you financed, that $1400 becomes much more over the life of the loan.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There is a huge markup on warranties too, of course. Did you negotiate that price?

Also, you would have been better off setting that money aside in a bank account for 8 years rather than financing it in your loan. You're paying interest on that $1400, and likely never even using it. Depending on the number of months you financed, that $1400 becomes much more over the life of the loan.

How much would the bank give me in 8 years for 1400?. The 1400 would have become about 50 over the life of the loan but I didn’t included it in the financed amount. I know most likely I’m never gonna use it but just in case.

·
Registered
27 Posts

IMHO, Touring / Elite models,(having the ZF 9 speed transmission - which is what many 2016 owners have complained about some even got transmission replaced) may need the extended warranties. Other models may never use it, so makes sense to put their money in the bank or invest in some Index/Mutual fund. After all you buy a Honda because it is supposed to be reliable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
EX-L
AWD

MSRP 40,655
sale 36,632 via price match
+ MA Tax
424 doc fee
135 title etc

$8k for trade in 2012 sonata ltd 40k (took a while to negotiate this).
Ocean honda
Had multiple quotes from dealers in MA/NH which i took in and they matched the lowest. I took a little less than expected for my trade, but i am very happy with it overall. Hope this is a great vehicle for my family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Touring AWD
$39,590
$995 Destination
$398 Doc Fee
$3,637.24 NY Sales Tax
$200 NY DMV (Approximate)
$44,820.24 Total

+Wheel Lock $0
Most dealers selling between MSRP and above invoice. Good Luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
NJ - pure random luck, since I didn't do much of negotiation. They email, I confirm pricing, I went and brought. In and Out.

This is an awesome deal I think.

I think he meant dealer’s info so others may also get a good deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Touring AWD
$39,590
$995 Destination
$398 Doc Fee
$3,637.24 NY Sales Tax
$200 NY DMV (Approximate)
$44,820.24 Total

+Wheel Lock $0
Most dealers selling between MSRP and above invoice. Good Luck!
You got 5000 off MSRP in NJ? I've been looking for a deal in south Jersey but nothing close to that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man, trying to get a price out of some dealerships through online/email is so difficult....
First email: You didn't list your phone number, send it to us so we can talk over the phone.
Me: No thanks, I'd rather just keep it to email
Second email: Well, why don't we set up an appointment for you to come in and see the in-stock vehicles, etc..
Me: Probably would save us both time if I could just get your current/best prices on the vehicles I'm interested in.
Crickets...

One dealer was very quick (the one that gave me quotes). Wish they'd all be like that... No, I don't want to hear, "What can I do to get you in this vehicle today speech". Or, "I really shouldn't be doing this, but let me show you the TrueCar price, and we can probably do just as good or a couple of hundred better". It's 2018.

Another dealer finally got back to me:

2019 EX-L: 38422 + DMV, TTL
2019 Touring: 42586 + DMV, TTL

Wonder how long to get Costco pricing on the '19's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man, trying to get a price out of some dealerships through online/email is so difficult....
First email: You didn't list your phone number, send it to us so we can talk over the phone.
Me: No thanks, I'd rather just keep it to email
Second email: Well, why don't we set up an appointment for you to come in and see the in-stock vehicles, etc..
Me: Probably would save us both time if I could just get your current/best prices on the vehicles I'm interested in.
Crickets...

One dealer was very quick (the one that gave me quotes). Wish they'd all be like that... No, I don't want to hear, "What can I do to get you in this vehicle today speech". Or, "I really shouldn't be doing this, but let me show you the TrueCar price, and we can probably do just as good or a couple of hundred better". It's 2018.

Another dealer finally got back to me:

2019 EX-L: 38422 + DMV, TTL
2019 Touring: 42586 + DMV, TTL

Wonder how long to get Costco pricing on the '19's
Sorry I got mine from PaulMiller Honda. I was surprise when I saw the quote since no one came near it. It could be a price mistake or something - I have no clue =) Not sure how you send out the inquiry, but this is what I did.
1. Check dealer inventory to see if they have the color/trim you want. If they don't have what you need, don't bother it will be waste of time.
2. Tell them you are in the market of getting the car year/trim/#pas, Finance/Lease, New addition/Trade, if possible provide Out the Door pricing. Btw, you don't have to Finance or Trade, but it give them incentive to make more $ for better pricing.
3. Don't worry about any options on the car. Eg. subtract them from the quote if they includes it. Once you are okay with base, you talk in person at dealership said you don't want any, and tell them to take it off. Most of the time, they will either take it off or give it to you for free. If they don't, walk. Tell them you are ready to close the deal - just make sure you are, when you want to ask for accessories, or items taken off.
4. Don't take Windows Etching, Optional warranty, and etc. You should only paying Doc Fee, DMV fee, Tax, and etc. Question them if something doesn't sound right.
5. Lastly the Sales is there to make a living, don't try to nickle and dime on everything - be reasonable.

Also try to email mid week, I believe this is more effective. Be polite even they don't give you quote, and followup if they don't reply. Some of these people is not that savvy because they are not really Sales, and their goal is get you in the dealership. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
2019 Honda Pilot EX-L
MSRP $40655
$5000 off
Maryland Tax, Tag, Fee.
OTD $38500

Could have gotten $2000 more off if it was 2018.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We paid $46300 + fees & taxes for our 2019 Elite at Autonation Honda in Roseville, CA. Could have purchased a 2018 model for about $4000 less, with the 0.9% financing, that would have been a smarter purchase, but we really liked the changes to the 2019. We will probably keep this car 8-10 years, so it was worth it to us. None of our local dealers would budge more than $500 on the 2019's.

The finance guy presented a whole list of options to consider, extended warranty, paint & interior protection, theft insurance, lo-jack, I think there were a couple more I can't recall, but it totaled over $6000. The HondaCare warranty (7/70 I think) was $2895 on it's own. I politely declined and told him I could get the max warranty for less than half what he was offering.

41 - 60 of 1339 Posts