Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1348 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Drove an Elite at my local NJ dealer. They wouldn't budge from MSRP saying they aren't getting much inventory until November. Walked out. I have 2 internet quotes for $3500 and $2800 off so they obviously weren't looking to make a deal.
Same here... in Arizona, the best pricing I got was around $500 over invoice :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's the deal I'm getting. I used TRUEcar as a PenFed member.

2019 Honda Pilot Elite AWD (Lunar Silver)
List price $49,440

Selling price $45,869.00
Hitch w/ receiver 595.00
Wire Harness 495.00
Transmission Cooler 595.00
Dealer fee 599.00
Appearance pkg 139.00
Nitrogen 98.00
Electronic title fee 88.00
Trade Value $21,000.00
Trade Payoff $4297.99
7% TAVT 2032.10
Tag fee 25.00
Title fee 18.00
Lemon Law 3.00

Total drive out price $35,406.69

·
Registered
242 Posts
You should be able to get a price of $40,422 (plus TTL.. those doc fees are suspect and you should be able to take a few hundred off that as well) at the bottom end. Just shop that price around all the dealers in your area and then be a little patient. You will quickly find out where their bottom is. But we are at a disadvantage right now since there is not much stock. We are waiting until there is inventory on the lots to get the best deal on our 2019 Elite.

Many states now allow a "doc" fee and a dealer can not take it off. It must be shown on the paperwork. Some states cap the amount that can be charged (New York = $80.00) and some states do not cap it (Florida = over $900.00 at some dealerships).

Don't know how you should be able to get a price of $40.422.00 and then get additional "doc" fees off at the bottom line with that price.

Yes, the "doc" fees are really almost pure profit for the dealership, but they are allowed and even sometimes required by law (if the dealership charges one person the fee, than they must charge all people the fee). You can try getting it off at the bottom line, but there is only so low the dealership will be willing to go.

Go to autocheatsheet.com and see the doc fees allowed and if they are capped or not near the bottom of the article. Note that Texas has an average fee of only $85.00 but no cap amount. Other states aren't as lucky with the average charged but at least some do have a cap.

Ohio caps the "doc" fees at $250.00

·
Registered
12 Posts
Touring AWD

Just took delivery of a 2019 Pilot Touring AWD 8 passenger Modern Steel/Black Leather this afternoon.

MSRP: $45,415
Sale Price: $41,586
+ $1,230 Honda Care 8 year/100k mileage/$0 Deductible (I wanted this, not "pushed" on me. Dealer matched Hyannis Honda)
+ $250 (doc fee)
+ $2906.96 (OH tax at 6.75%)
+ $15 (title fee)
+ $18.50 (registration fee)

OTD: $46006.46

Dealer also threw in a free rear bumper applique and splash guards. I think these need to be included on all Pilot's from the factory. Bumper had a tiny tiny nick right off the truck, which was covered by the rear bumper applique and I was being a pest. Did not want the whole bumper replaced.

How did I do?

·
Registered
22 Posts
That seems like a decent price. Where in Ohio may I ask? I am in Columbus and possibly looking for that config.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trim level - Elite
AWD or FWD - AWD
Factory options selected - Stock

MSRP inc delivery - 49015
Actual Price Paid before extras - 44759.00
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing) - Towing Kit 595.00

Dealer name, city, state - Holler Honda, Orlando FL

Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not. - Traded in 2006 Odyssey EX-L

·
Registered
21 Posts
Impressed with discounts so far!

I had no idea that dealers were going below MSRP right now on the 2019s, especially as there are so many 2018s on the lots (I live in Dallas/Fort Worth.) This gives me hope. FYI, I'm looking at the 2019 Touring, 8-seater, 2WD

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's the deal I'm getting. I used TRUEcar as a PenFed member.

2019 Honda Pilot Elite AWD (Lunar Silver)
List price $49,440

Selling price $45,869.00
Hitch w/ receiver 595.00
Wire Harness 495.00
Transmission Cooler 595.00
Dealer fee 599.00
Appearance pkg 139.00
Nitrogen 98.00
Electronic title fee 88.00
Trade Value $21,000.00
Trade Payoff $4297.99
7% TAVT 2032.10
Tag fee 25.00
Title fee 18.00
Lemon Law 3.00

Total drive out price $35,406.69
You should be able to get the Elite for $45,000 before taxes etc. Especially if you wait until a few more 2019 arrive on lots. Now is not the time to buy a 2019.
The $98 nitrogen fee to fill your tires is another gimmick to make money by the dealers. Do some research on filling tires with nitrogen, it's not worth the effort. Are you only going to fill your tires at the dealer with super duper nitrogen when your tires need air :)
I think you may be getting ripped off regarding the "Transmission cooler", "hitch with receiver" and the "wire harness". As far as I am aware you can't order the Pilot with a transmission cooler. A wiring harness for towing should cost about $30! A hitch for the Honda Pilot costs $141 online. Unless you must have this Pilot right now, I would suggest doing some serious negotiating and be able to walk away from the "deal". It's not a great deal. The dealer is making huge profits off all the add ons.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trim level - Elite
AWD or FWD - AWD
Factory options selected - Stock

MSRP inc delivery - 49015
Actual Price Paid before extras - 44759.00
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing) - Towing Kit 595.00

Dealer name, city, state - Holler Honda, Orlando FL

Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not. - Traded in 2006 Odyssey EX-L
I don't understand why everyone is paying over $500 for a towing kit. These are all negotiable. The towing kit for a Pilot can be purchased for about $141 online.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can those who have bought also list what their invoice prices were?

i have a dealer willing to do invoice, but I get a feeling that some people are paying less than invoice.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2019 Pilot Touring AWD 8 passenger Modern Steel/Black Leather this afternoon.

Sale Price: $41,586
+ $1,230 Honda Care 8 year/100k mileage/$0 Deductible (I wanted this, not "pushed" on me. Dealer matched Hyannis Honda)
+ $250 (doc fee)
+ $2906.96 (OH tax at 6.75%)
+ $15 (title fee)
+ $18.50 (registration fee)

OTD: $46006.46

Dealer also threw in a free rear bumper applique and splash guards. I think these need to be included on all Pilot's from the factory. Bumper had a tiny tiny nick right off the truck, which was covered by the rear bumper applique and I was being a pest. Did not want the whole bumper replaced.

How did I do?
$1,230 for an extended warranty was a mistake if you ask Consumer Reports. They say a majority of consumers that purchase one are not likely to encounter repairs totaling the cost of the warranty, if any at all.

I hate the hard sell dealers put on these. They make you feel like you’re making a big mistake by telling you how much some random part of the car costs to replace and reminding you of how the warranty will pay for itself if that part breaks.

I think the finance office is becoming the worst part about buying a new car

You got a great deal on the car though! I would’ve pulled the trigger at that price (minus the warranty)

Good luck with your new car!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't understand why everyone is paying over $500 for a towing kit. These are all negotiable. The towing kit for a Pilot can be purchased for about $141 online.
Saw your comments in the other reply as well. Can you provide any information on the 2019 Pilot coming standard with the larger transmission cooler, seem like everywhere I look it is an add in (honda website lists it as an accessory). You also mention the wiring kit only being 30 bucks, can you provide link. Think it would be useful to other guys to know where to get the best price from and information to make the right decision. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
$1,230 for an extended warranty was a mistake if you ask Consumer Reports. They say a majority of consumers that purchase one are not likely to encounter repairs totaling the cost of the warranty, if any at all.

I hate the hard sell dealers put on these. They make you feel like you’re making a big mistake by telling you how much some random part of the car costs to replace and reminding you of how the warranty will pay for itself if that part breaks.

I think the finance office is becoming the worst part about buying a new car

You got a great deal on the car though! I would’ve pulled the trigger at that price (minus the warranty)

Good luck with your new car!
I was quoted $1497 for 7 year/100k warranty through Cost Guard - some third party warranty service. Stating how much better it was vs. Honda Care. I told him Honda Care or nothing, otherwise I was going to purchase it through Hyannis Honda. With all the LCD screens, etc. included now in these cars I have to somewhat agree these costs will add up quick if warranty is not available. Time will tell if I made the right decision. 6-7 years from now, I am pretty sure the dealer labor costs, etc. will cost more than today as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was quoted $1497 for 7 year/100k warranty through Cost Guard - some third party warranty service. Stating how much better it was vs. Honda Care. I told him Honda Care or nothing, otherwise I was going to purchase it through Hyannis Honda. With all the LCD screens, etc. included now in these cars I have to somewhat agree these costs will add up quick if warranty is not available. Time will tell if I made the right decision. 6-7 years from now, I am pretty sure the dealer labor costs, etc. will cost more than today as well.

I don’t pay mind to people that say warranty is not needed. What if Im one of the unlucky 1% that might needed it one day in the future? Specially with all this tech and all. So for my peace of mind I paid $1,395 for 8 years 120K miles with $0 deductible for a 2019 Pilot Touring from College Hills Honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just agreed to terms on 2019 Pilot Touring AWD 7 passenger Modern Steel/Black Leather this afternoon in New Hampshire.

Sale Price: $41,174
+ $369 Admin Fee's.
+ $89 Wheel Locks

OTD: $41,659

Dealer is also throwing in All weather mats for free.

I fought hard on my trade in and got them to give me almost $1k more on my trade than it should reasonably be worth, so they were willing to let me walk over discounting the admin fee and the wheel locks this early in month and the model!

No sales tax in NH doesn't hurt the price btw :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just agreed to terms on 2019 Pilot Touring AWD 7 passenger Modern Steel/Black Leather this afternoon in New Hampshire.

+ $369 Admin Fee's.
+ $89 Wheel Locks

I fought hard on my trade in and got them to give me almost $1k more on my trade than it should reasonably be worth, so they were willing to let me walk over discounting the admin fee and the wheel locks this early in month and the model!

How much are tags in NH? Just curious.

·
Registered
238 Posts

+ $369 Admin Fee's.
+ $89 Wheel Locks

How much are tags in NH on this vehicle?

·
Registered
7 Posts
for the $1497 for 7years extended warranty - DOES THIS START AFTER the manufacturers standard 3 year/36000miles warranty?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not interested in making a sale?

I've reached out a few times to a couple of dealers in my area (I live in DFW, so we have a lot of Honda dealerships.) I'm inquiring about the 2019s that they advertise on their sites and either I a.) haven't gotten a response or b.) it's been very terse (I inquired about a really good deal on an Elite that they posted, but as it turns out, it was likely a "misprint" and I caught it.) I'm guessing dealers are more focused on getting rid of their large supply of 2018s? What else could be the deal? Oh well, it's looking like I'll wait and consider competitors while I wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm, just emailed the dealer I got a quote on a '18 EX-L AWD from Costco on for multiple quotes ('18 EX-L AWD, '19 EX-L AWD and '19 Touring 7 AWD) and they just sent one (special internet pricing, Costco pricing isn't available yet)

$45,715.00 (Seems $300 higher than above, actually the 7-pass is a $300 option)

Price Quote
$43,360.00 (5.15% off)

Note: Long Island, NY dealer

I would love to be able to get the 7-pass in the EX-L oh well....

2019 EX-L AWD quote...

MSRP
$40,655.00

Costco Price Quote
$38,744.00 (4.70% Off)

So much meh.

21 - 40 of 1348 Posts