Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1339 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
Please use this thread to discuss pricing on model year 2019 Pilots ONLY!

How to report your price:

Trim level
AWD or FWD
Factory options selected

MSRP inc delivery
Actual Price Paid before extras
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing)
Tax
Title and other fees
Total

Dealer name, city, state.
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just signed a deal and gave a deposit on a 2019 AWD Pilot Touring 7 passenger, honda sensing, advanced navi and RES, perforated heated 2nd-Row captain's chairs, gray and black.

MSRP $45,715 including destination

-41,895 price paid + fees below
- 1,129.98 PA taxes
- 299 doc fee
- 250 license fee
- 6 transfer fee
- 5 encumbrance fee (whatever that is)
- 14.15 online dealer fee
- 81 online registration
- 5 temp tag fee

$43,684.98 OTD

No dealer accessories installed, they wanted to charge 289 for key replacement option and I declined that.

I traded a 18 accord sport 2.0T 6 speed and I took a hit of $1,800. I knew I wasn’t gonna keep that car for long so I figured is better to trade it now instead of making payments on a car I knew I wasn’t gonna keep.

Dealer - ask for Robin Hines a very nice lady
Coast Honda
2110 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750-1002
Tel. 732-974-2211

Edit: to put more info

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I'm about to negotiate a very similar build and this will give me some leverage.

I just signed a deal and gave a deposit on a 2019 AWD Pilot Touring 7 passenger, honda sensing, advanced navi and RES, perforated heated 2nd-Row captain's chairs, gray and black.

- 1,129.98 PA taxes
- 299 doc fee
- 250 license fee
- 6 transfer fee
- 81 online registration
- 5 temp tag fee

$43,684.98 OTD

No dealer accessories installed, they wanted to charge 289 for key replacement option and I declined that.

I traded a 18 accord sport 2.0T 6 speed and I took a hit of $1,800. I knew I wasn’t gonna keep that car for long so I figured is better to trade it now instead of making payments on a car I knew I wasn’t gonna keep.

Coast Honda
2110 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750-1002
Tel. 732-974-2211

·
Registered
234 Posts

- 1,129.98 PA taxes
- 299 doc fee
- 250 license fee
- 6 transfer fee
- 81 online registration
- 5 temp tag fee

$43,684.98 OTD

Coast Honda
2110 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750-1002
Tel. 732-974-2211

You only lost $1,800 on the trade in? That is amazing. I would have figured more in the neighborhood of $3-4K. My 2017 RTL-T has lost $7K already if I trade it in from $38K down to $31K. Of course, I did not get a discount because I purchased just as they were released

·
Registered
46 Posts
You only lost $1,800 on the trade in? That is amazing. I would have figured more in the neighborhood of $3-4K. My 2017 RTL-T has lost $7K already if I trade it in from $38K down to $31K. Of course, I did not get a discount because I purchased just as they were released

Their first offer was a 5K loss. Their website has a different edmunds as an option to check for the trade and of course I get there and they came with a different trade offer and I said no. A manager came in to talk and we settled on me loosing 1,800 which I was ok with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just signed a deal and gave a deposit on a 2019...
New guy here with a follow-up question:

I assume your dealer does not have this in stock? What are they telling you about when it is expected to show up?

I'm curious what the typical lead time is on a 2019 if I put a deposit on one now. I'm not seeing any 2019 Pilots at dealers in my area yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I assume your dealer does not have this in stock? What are they telling you about when it is expected to show up?

I'm curious what the typical lead time is on a 2019 if I put a deposit on one now. I'm not seeing any 2019 Pilots at dealers in my area yet.
I know some dealers do have them on the lot. Some don't yet, hit or miss.

·
Registered
46 Posts

The dealer I got it from have about 3 right now on the lot. I signed on July 27 and they said it was already in transit to the dealer with an expected day between August 5-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Only 1 dealer near me has any 2019s on the lot...but they are all higher trim levels and/or AWD. Maybe the first ones being built are mostly configured this way. I'm just looking for an EX-L FWD.

As much as I would like to find one on my own, I guess I will have to reach out to a dealer. I'm not finding anything using the usual on-line tools.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Only 1 dealer near me has any 2019s on the lot...but they are all higher trim levels and/or AWD. Maybe the first ones being built are mostly configured this way. I'm just looking for an EX-L FWD.

As much as I would like to find one on my own, I guess I will have to reach out to a dealer. I'm not finding anything using the usual on-line tools.
Honda's site tells you what have have coming and what is on the lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this a decent deal? I am guessing too early to tell...

2019 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD SUV

Detailed Pricing
MSRP $40,655
Savings - $3,211

Total $37,444

·
Registered
4 Posts

- 1,129.98 PA taxes
- 299 doc fee
- 250 license fee
- 6 transfer fee
- 81 online registration
- 5 temp tag fee

$43,684.98 OTD

Coast Honda
2110 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750-1002
Tel. 732-974-2211

Thanks for sharing this. How was the PA tax only $1130? Should be closer to ~$2500 (6%).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the following offer on the table for a 2019 Pilot Touring AWD 8 passenger (MSRP of $45,415). Negotiated based on what user ldudiaz paid.

Price: $41,595
+ $2,495.70 (PA tax, 6%)
+ $309 (doc fees and tags)

OTD: $44,400

It was a little too easy to get dealer to agree to this price. Thinking I could do better??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the following offer on the table for a 2019 Pilot Touring AWD 8 passenger (MSRP of $45,415). Negotiated based on what user ldudiaz paid.

Price: $41,595
+ $2,495.70 (PA tax, 6%)
+ $309 (doc fees and tags)

OTD: $44,400

It was a little too easy to get dealer to agree to this price. Thinking I could do better??
You should be able to get a price of $40,422 (plus TTL.. those doc fees are suspect and you should be able to take a few hundred off that as well) at the bottom end. Just shop that price around all the dealers in your area and then be a little patient. You will quickly find out where their bottom is. But we are at a disadvantage right now since there is not much stock. We are waiting until there is inventory on the lots to get the best deal on our 2019 Elite.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Drove an Elite at my local NJ dealer. They wouldn't budge from MSRP saying they aren't getting much inventory until November. Walked out. I have 2 internet quotes for $3500 and $2800 off so they obviously weren't looking to make a deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Drove an Elite at my local NJ dealer. They wouldn't budge from MSRP saying they aren't getting much inventory until November. Walked out. I have 2 internet quotes for $3500 and $2800 off so they obviously weren't looking to make a deal.
These are selling for 9% off MSRP, + TTL in other parts of the country. I am waiting for the initial demand to dwindle so that dealers have stock sitting on their lots for a few weeks or months, then we will purchase our 2019 Elite.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dealers/Honda would not discount too much on 2019 until most of 2018s are gone. Unless you really have to have a radio button and need to buy right now, I would wait until Nov/Dec.

1 - 20 of 1339 Posts