Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate the pinned post on accessories but since a few items have changed for 2019 I thought maybe we should start a new thread on this.

I've got a 2019 Touring 8 AWD (replaces a 2003 EX FWD that I plan to keep until it dies....).

Accessories I have already:
  • Wheel locks
  • OEM hitch (for bike rack)
  • Splash guards
Accessories to still get:
  • Rear bumper applique
  • Second row seat covers (prevent dog from perforating the leather and not a fan of those "basket"-like pet seat protectors on Amazon since then people can't sit in the second row)
  • Cross bars
  • PhotoDon screen protector
  • All weather mats (still deciding WeatherTech or the Amazon ones someone mentioned - TuxMat perhaps?)
  • Short USB to lightning cable for Apple CarPlay
Accessories on the fence about:
  • Folding cargo tray
  • Door handle film
Our 2003 Pilot certainly has plenty of scratch marks behind the handles so the handle film seems worthwhile. Not sure if I need the folding cargo tray or not yet.

I see two options for the 2019 Pilot on PhotoDon's website. MXH or 9HO. Not sure which one matches what people recommended in the original 2016 accessories thread since the part #s don't match for the 2019. (Makes sense since the screen is different now in 2019). Does anyone know if the 9HO is worth the extra cost? Does one have significant downsides compared to the other?

https://www.photodon.com/p/2368-01.html

Any other accessories people feel are worth calling out? I saw some rave about the moonroof visor but I'm not sure if I need that or not.

Honda door film handle the best or another brand?

Also, I'm getting 15% all accessories since my dealer participates in the Costco discount. That includes 15% off the labor for installing as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’ve seen rear bumper appliqué mentioned but don’t know what that is. I also want to install crossbars and a 3500# receiver hitch.

I have the three row Honda all weather mats and folding rear mat - really like them. Not the slick plastic like WT.

If I mail order crossbars, any recommendation for a source? Of course local dealer says $225+7% tax...

What’s the appliqué?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have any opinion regarding the “accessory side molding?” I have seen a couple of pics and wonder if it would provide any protection from inconsiderate door dings and if it would break up the mini-van visual just a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought about getting the side moldings for my '18 Elite. In the end I decided against it because the factory ones are mounted too low in my opinion to actually prevent door dings. There is an aftermarket company that makes a slightly different version that goes in the middle of the door, but the door is so tall and flat I don;t think it will stop all of them either. In the end I decided to "keep it simple" and not add either.

I added the rear bumper applique - aka scratch protector. It is simply a really thick "sticker", but it works OK. On my previous cars this piece was a much stronger piece of plastic, which is definitely not the case with this one. It was actually a little tricky to put on perfectly, because it is a sticker it can be stretched which makes installation a little tricky.

I am also considering the LED door sill protectors. On the 16-18 model part only the front two doors are illuminated, the kit for the '19 has all four doors illuminated. The rear doors plug into the wiring where the fronts do, no reason it won't work on the 16-18 models.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check side molding off the list. Just looking, I tend to agree. Function was my first goal, appearance second. I always do my part - park in the north 40 - but it’s just a matter of time.

Thanks Cotis.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Was hoping someone would confirm on the PhotoDon screen protector. I think someone from that company actually hangs out here.

Anyway, wanted to share that the JoyTutus console divider works for me on a 2019 Touring.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C5HJ8K2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will be applying the Photodon 9HO for my 2019 Touring in the next day or two. If there is something you want to know, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got my Honda receiver kit & wiring harness Friday. They did a great job ($765 OTD, included 7% sales tax). No ATF cooler so limited to 3500#, which should be fine for me.

Mainly for appearances, but using the excuse that I’ll need them to haul a Christmas tree, I want to install cross bars ($175.50 + tax, same dealer, uninstalled.). Do they increase road noise measurably?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Does the screen protector help protect against finger prints at all?
No, you still need your microfiber towel. But it does keep the fine scratches off from the cleaning. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Recommendations for the best dealers to buy genuine Honda accessories from? I see College Hills Honda in this thread but wondering if there are others that have good prices?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is everyone planning to use for a Cargo area liner? In our 2012 we had the Honda, non-foldable liner. We like the concept of the Honda foldable, however we are concerned how well it would hold something spilling due to the lip around the edge accommodating the "fold". I guess the other options are WeatherTech or Husky. Any thoughts on those?

Thoughts on the OEM high wall floor mats vs. WeatherTech? OEM high walls seems to be lower priced and we will probably go that direction.

I just ordered up the Screen Protector - the first of a few things to come!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed a photodon in my 2019 Elite. Very nice product, but still gets tons of fingerprints on it easily. I also decided to go with the high wall OEM all weather mats instead of the WeatherTech. Was about $50 cheaper and they look great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just installed a photodon in my 2019 Elite. Very nice product, but still gets tons of fingerprints on it easily. I also decided to go with the high wall OEM all weather mats instead of the WeatherTech. Was about $50 cheaper and they look great.

What made you go with the OEM instead of WeatherTech, was it the price or the look.

I have high wall on my 2019 Touring and I’m contemplating on getting the WeatherTech one. I’m in the northeast and I’m looking at better protection for the snow.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

My MXO photodon show no fingerprints. There’s a few different types out there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My MXO photodon show no fingerprints. There’s a few different types out there.
Unfortunately it looks like the MXO is no longer available! That's what I wanted!

From the their site:
Please note: MXO is no longer an option due to issues with delamination and bubbling. The MXH, 9HO, and 6HS films work well on this device.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What made you go with the OEM instead of WeatherTech, was it the price or the look.

I have high wall on my 2019 Touring and I’m contemplating on getting the WeatherTech one. I’m in the northeast and I’m looking at better protection for the snow.

I had a friend who had the laser weathertech for a couple years and they curled. I thought I would give these a try and save $50. They seem very solid. Plus my local honda dealer had in stock and they matched a $140 online price, so i got them same day, no shipping.

But I did get the front and rear in-channel window deflectors from WeatherTech. They are awesome.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts