Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed we do have threads on the subject.

But wait, there's more. We are adding a specific Passport section to this forum!!!!
I'll merge the threads together

·
Registered
188 Posts
Indeed we do have threads on the subject.

But wait, there's more. We are adding a specific Passport section to this forum!!!!
I'll merge the threads together
My bad I didn't know there were threads already. Thanks for merging them. BTW, for some reason I don't have a "like" button on this forum like I do on others.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
It seems like there is a market for mid-size 2 row SUVs, I'm firmly in the 3 row market for a while but maybe one day... being 6'3" the smaller SUVs aren't as comfortable to me.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
My bad I didn't know there were threads already. Thanks for merging them. TW, for some reason I don't have a "like" button on this forum like I do on others.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Rocky. liked this post
Yeah, I'd like to like again, too. When some changes were made about a month ago, there was talk of adding a "dislike" button, which would understandably lead to problems so it was ditched. But it seems the baby was thrown out with the bathwater and the "like" button disappeared. As illustrated with the quote above, apparently mods can like, which of course is a good thing, but us plebeians would like the privilege restored as well. :smile:

Sorry for the of-topic rant. :mblah::mblah::mblah: Feel free not to like. Now, about the Passport, dunno but unless it has something really special to set it apart (i.e., look like every other minivanish SUV in its class), why not just get a Highlander?

·
Registered
91 Posts
As much as I like the Pilot, this Passport might be perfect for my family and me. The CR-V is too small for us but we don't really need something *quite* as large as the Pilot.

I just hope it doesn't look like Honda's UR-V (China?) since I'm not a fan of the looks of that car.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm with you Sounds good. It's pretty rare that my whole family travels together now. One in college the other moved out.
I've been doing lots of looking at the spy photos and comparing them to the current RDX and Pilot.
Here's my take. It's the length of the RDX (almost same as first gen Pilot) but I hope it's wider. Suspension looks like the Pilot's not the RDX/CRV. I'm praying for the V6. I love that engine. Rear end is more upright than the RDX. So hopefully trunk space is better than RDX.

I've drilled into Honda's image of the Passport. Side view looks like reskinned RDX.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm with you Sounds good. It's pretty rare that my whole family travels together now. One in college the other moved out.
I've been doing lots of looking at the spy photos and comparing them to the current RDX and Pilot.
Here's my take. It's the length of the RDX (almost same as first gen Pilot) but I hope it's wider. Suspension looks like the Pilot's not the RDX/CRV. I'm praying for the V6. I love that engine. Rear end is more upright than the RDX. So hopefully trunk space is better than RDX.

I've drilled into Honda's image of the Passport. Side view looks like reskinned RDX.
Based on Pilot platform, ~6" shorter, almost as wide. My guess is j35/9spd, more aggressive looks than the pilot's softness. USA Ridgeline engineers have been trying to get an offroad appearance package approved but it keeps getting shot down by Japan. Maybe we see it on the passport? If it sells well on the Passport maybe similar packages get the green light on the other honda light trucks?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I keep checking for "leaks" of information, hoping to learn more, but none so far. I guess we'll have to wait until the 27th for Honda's official announcement.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts