Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a 2019 hitch for the Pilot. Biggest reason I didn't go with the Curt is I read a lot of stories of it being delivered beat up, sometime sticking out of the box or not boxed at all. I figured I stood a better chance with the Honda.

Hitch is well secured in the box, but they throw the trim piece inside the box with only a plastic bag over it. It bangs around against the metal hitch in shipping. Mine came with several scratches. Plastic trim should be in it's own box. The place I ordered from says they will get me a new trim piece.

Trim piece on the 2019 hitch comes black, not silver like the Pilot trim on the vehicle. Was hoping the new part number meant the trim was the same color as the vehicle piece. If I knew that it wasn't, and that trim trim was going to be scratched up, I would have took the chance on the Curt and saved some money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Perhaps they have improved the shipping box for the hitch and trim piece as for the one I picked up at the dealer in January it had a slot for the trim piece - see attached pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can you purchase the trim piece separate? I'll be installing the factory hitch in the spring. If its cheap enough I might order a few to test our different paints on
I'm sure dealer can probably get the part#. mine is mounted now and covered in dirt.

I'll probably go the opposite way. I want to paint or plastidip the original silver parts with satin black and the emblems.

When it warms up and time allows I'll probably mount some extra back up lights in that panel also.

Sized them up already just need a small adaptor trim to make them mount straight.
2 Inch Work Light Flush 10 Watt Quantum Series Quake LED | Quake LED

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do the aftermarket hitches fit the trim piece too? Has anyone installed an aftermarket hitch and used the factory trim piece on a 2019? Sounds like a real money-saver!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do the aftermarket hitches fit the trim piece too? Has anyone installed an aftermarket hitch and used the factory trim piece on a 2019? Sounds like a real money-saver!
All the aftermarket hitches that I have found all have the receiver below the factory trim piece. Which is why a lot of people opt for the the Honda OEM hitch, as they get better ground clearance at the receiver.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just installed the Curt. Delivered with one end protruding through the box. Understandable due to the basic configuration of the hitch itself and weight against the cardboard.
Inspected for scratches in case I wanted to touch up....but found none.

Installed in 25 minutes by myself in a 4* garage. Got it done before my fingers got too cold to work......barely.
Super easy install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Bernardi price is a bit deceptive, unless you live near that dealership and can pick it up...they wanted $30 for the part and about $26 to ship to CA so I just ordered from my local dealer...$50 from my dealer, OUCH!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts