Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about the position of a hitch on a 2019 Pilot. Does it come out below the rear fascia or does part of the fascia have to be removed? Is there a new fascia piece to insert or is it a wide open hole?

Is there any difference between a dealer installed hitch and one installed by another company?

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
A genuine Honda hitch from your dealer or from an online dealer ($265) will come with a replacement facia. You remove the existing facia panel and install the one that comes with the Honda hitch. If you get an aftermarket hitch (approx. $120) you will not get the replacement facia and the hitch will come out below your bumper I installed my Honda hitch myself in about an hour and an aftermarket electrical harness as well in about an hour. Easy job.Harness was $60.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A genuine Honda hitch from your dealer or from an online dealer ($265) will come with a replacement facia. You remove the existing facia panel and install the one that comes with the Honda hitch. If you get an aftermarket hitch (approx. $120) you will not get the replacement facia and the hitch will come out below your bumper I installed my Honda hitch myself in about an hour and an aftermarket electrical harness as well in about an hour. Easy job.Harness was $60.

Thanks so much. That was the info I was looking for. Which harness did you use? I assume there are some good youtube videos for installation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think there was a youtube video. I got my harness from Etrailer.com. I just got a 4 pin harness for my boat trailer and just tuck it up behind the bumper when not in use. Or you can get the 7 pin round type and a 4 pin adapter and mount it in the existing location on the facia once you remove the knock-out plug for the best factory clean look. The video might have been on the Etrailer website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts