Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and have a question that I haven't been able to find a good answer to anywhere. The front 2019 Pilot has a different front end design from other years in its generation, so accessing the front turn signal bulb looks to be different and less straightforward.

Has anyone changed out the bulb, perhaps in converting from halogen to LED in trims without LED turn signals. I'm more curious about how to actually access the bulb itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and have a question that I haven't been able to find a good answer to anywhere. The front 2019 Pilot has a different front end design from other years in its generation, so accessing the front turn signal bulb looks to be different and less straightforward.

Has anyone changed out the bulb, perhaps in converting from halogen to LED in trims without LED turn signals. I'm more curious about how to actually access the bulb itself.
I have a 2019 and converted to VLEDS white/amber switchback LEDS. To access the socket I removed the front 3 screws that hold the wheel well liner in place. Once the screws are removed you can peel back the well liner towards the engine bay which gives you access to the bulb socket. If you plan to upgrade to LED's you will to place a 50ohm load resister in the circuit or replace the flasher relay with one compatible for LED's. If you don't you will have hyper flash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the detailed explanation, togapilot! Not as serviceable as I was hoping for but not too difficult. I'll give it a try this weekend.

·
Administrator
15,577 Posts
It's probably also shown in the owners manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it in the online manual PDF on page 656 if anyone ever searches for this in the future.

I installled new LED turn signal bulbs, and they look so much better than the stock halogens. I highly recommend the upgrade. It's super quick and easy to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts