Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the the experience of the forum before going to dealership uninformed. I've searched and nobody else seems to be reporting the first issue on any year. The second issue sounds like it might be similar to other model years, but it seems like there isn't anything on 2019 (yet).

Issue #1: For the last week or so, my 2019 EX-L's temp gauge has been fluctuating to crazy temperatures (-20 to -40F when it's +30 to +60) before settling on a couple of dashes. I was a little annoyed, but figured that something so trivial was a software glitch that would self-resolve soon. But the temp gauge, when at -40 caused the heat work really hard to get to the programmed 67 even know the real outside temp is about 45.

Issue #2: Then, today when driving 25mph, then slowing down to about 18, it hesitated to give me the power to go back to 25 - struggling to get back to 22-23. I went another mile or so with the same results. Then it did the same thing, struggling to maintain 25ish while I gave it more gas than I needed to. I parked at my destination, and on the ride home no problems when I tried to recreate the conditions.

It felt like the power just wasn't there. Like the transmission wasn't connecting. Almost like neutral. Engine sound was normal.

Anyone have experience with either? Ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have 2019 Touring with a 9-speed tranny. I have a bit of a dead power spot when the tranny shifts into second gear at around 20-25 mph under light acceleration. It's not happening when you drive more aggressively as it hold RPMs higher in 1 gear and than the engine has enough power in the second gear. Also, it is very obvious on a steep incline. The solution seems to be keeping the foot down a bit more aggressively in the 1st gear. This issue is not noticeable on the flat or slight incline. This is likely a different issue than you are experiencing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts