Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there are factory service manuals available for the 2019's? I feel old at 49 but I like doing a lot of my own maintenance etc. I just ordered from the Honda Owners site the owners MANUAL (car came with briefer "guide") that does not even list fuses, just fuse box locations and probably many other detail things. Most don't care or ever read I know as long as the phone links up. Also no 2019 sales brochures?

Spending a lot of time reading here and searching already.

My wife's 2019 EX-L does not seem to have the idle stop/start (not complaining) as I can't find the button to disable anywhere and it has not shut off yet at intersections.

Hill start assist- I think coincides with the stop/start. Can't find anything.

Do you really need to remove plastic engine covers to even access the battery for a jump start?

Fog lights- any modification to keep them on when the high beams turn on (I know not DOT/Canada approved). How do you aim them? Mine are real low, the LED versions.

Climate control- seems to blow warm air at all levels unless set to LO. It seemed to blow cooler after the car was warmed up then it would blow "cooler" air all the way through mid 60's settings. Maybe the teens/twenty degrees outside was freaking out a sensor? No other cars I've had do this. I have it set on manual not auto. Every other car would blow cold-cool-warm-hot with that break point being about 68-70. I like it cooler especially on trips. Wife and kids have small fleece blanket if they want to snuggle and sleep.

Ordering - Mudflaps (not sure OEM or Weathertech), Vent visors (Weathertech), OEM folding cargo mat, Headlight Armor film, Floor liners (Weathertech), trailer hitch (OEM with cooler), Hopefully roof rails/bars (oem is real $$), extra 18" rims when I find them (snows will go on factory this next week) as the Bridgestone $UCK in snow, Fluid film, window tint.

edit-
I have the regular shift lever not push button. My "guide" says the button on side that just says D4 when pushed is used for driving up hills. I presume this is like an overdrive off that could also be used down longer hills. the "L" just shows that but doesn't say 4-3-2-1 etc. not sure what just L is.

I checked the one fuse box "B" and i have no fuses for the idle stop start.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's interesting, I have the 19 EX-L as well and have not noticed the engine shutting off at stoplights (even some very long ones.) Have not fiddled with the settings too much, perhaps mine is just turned off. (To be fair, the manual does say there are many situations where the engine won't shut off, like climate control, etc.) . Also..only just 100miles on the car, so maybe it waits until the break in period is over to start idle shut-off.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Idle-stop on Touring and Elite trims only. Consider your selves lucky that you don't have it. We would prefer to disable it totally on our Elite, so you don't have to press the off button every time you start.

Service Manuals: No paper manuals. Honda uses a online subscription service at Service Express: Service Express
However, there is information on the 2016 Pilot on this site. Much will still apply to the 2019.
2016 Honda Pilot Service Info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts