Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

New owner of a 2019 EX-L. Previously I owned a 2013 Pilot EX-L.

Question. When I am backing into a parking space I do not hear any noises or beeps as I approach the wall. I get what I feel is dangerously close by all camera angles (top down seems closest) but still no beeping or sounds. Is my sensor broken? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also own an 2019 EX-L. I don't believe this trim line comes with sensors. I haven't checked, but perhaps there's an optional accessory add-on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Correct, it doesn't come with parking sensors in the traditional... sense. I think the only thing you get is cross-traffic alert, and it seems like a lot of random things set it off. It doesn't beep when we back into the garage, even though we get about 3-6 inches from the shelves along the wall. But other times, it will freak out if, say, there's a tree that's several feet away or a crack in the pavement.

I'm learning a lot of the Honda Sensing equipment is pretty quirky and unrefined. For instance, I turned off the blind spot warning noise because I was tired of getting yelled at for using my turn signal in a dual turn lane. I guess time will tell how much it actually helps. So far, I'm not all that impressed by it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts