Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was the first chance to show the wife all the bells and whistles of the new Pilot. We had to stop at the hospital where she works to drop something off. The Honda navigation couldn't find it, so I fired up Android Auto and used Waze. After I shut Waze down, I couldn't get any audio after switching back to FM radio. I had the station info on the screen, could change stations, etc. But, nothing out of the speakers. I checked everything I could think of to no avail. I turned off my phone, etc. Only thing that worked was shutting off the vehicle and restarting.

I did a search and couldn't come up with anything on this exact issue, plenty about the other issues folks have experienced. So, I figured I'd throw this out there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
When the radio/nav syst etc goes south, do a re-boot. Turn engine off wait a little bit then turn back on and hope everything works ok. I read some posts where people lose some functions of the infotainment center when using Car Play or Android Auto, especially after OS updates to the phone. I also got a small USB keyboard from Amazon to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL. I have not tried it yet, but some people have and had success.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had this happen a few times on our 2019 EX-L. Turning off the vehicle and restarting seems to have solved the problem.

Something to note as well is I called the dealership last week about another topic and when she looked up our VIN, she said there is a recall to update the software for the stereo. I didn't have time to inquire about what is fixes or any enhancements it adds. I haven't taken ours in to get the update yet. Completely forgot about it until reading your post.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had this happen a few times on our 2019 EX-L. Turning off the vehicle and restarting seems to have solved the problem.

Something to note as well is I called the dealership last week about another topic and when she looked up our VIN, she said there is a recall to update the software for the stereo. I didn't have time to inquire about what is fixes or any enhancements it adds. I haven't taken ours in to get the update yet. Completely forgot about it until reading your post.

You can update it yourself with a USB drive. I believe I did this already, but might check it again.

Reactions: dilshaw

·
Registered
12 Posts
The new system Honda uses has a network of three or more systems depending on the accessories. If one looses connection even for a few seconds the system will normally restart. Sounds like maybe the tuner is not working at the time. Have the dealer look over this network to make sure there is no loose connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts