Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2019 Elite and promptly discovered that there is a leak in the rear of the vehicle, likely from the panoramic sunroof. Every time it rains the sunroof shade gets damp and if it rains hard enough the entire rear of the vehicle gets damp and the trunk storage compartments fill up with water. After some back and forth, the dealer is planning to reseal and replace the sunroof, and essentially dismantle and replace the entire rear interior of the vehicle.

I am concerned about the long term impacts to the vehicle, the rebuild quality - creaks and rattles developing, mold and mildew, etc., and the impact to the value of the vehicle.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a 2019 (or any 3rd gen)? Honestly I would love to just return the thing and get a new one for peace of mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Elite and promptly discovered that there is a leak in the rear of the vehicle, likely from the panoramic sunroof. Every time it rains the sunroof shade gets damp and if it rains hard enough the entire rear of the vehicle gets damp and the trunk storage compartments fill up with water. After some back and forth, the dealer is planning to reseal and replace the sunroof, and essentially dismantle and replace the entire rear interior of the vehicle.

I am concerned about the long term impacts to the vehicle, the rebuild quality - creaks and rattles developing, mold and mildew, etc., and the impact to the value of the vehicle.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a 2019 (or any 3rd gen)? Honestly I would love to just return the thing and get a new one for peace of mind.
Honestly, this is a major issue. I would bring it back immediately. Bring up the cause of concern - and also contact the Corporate office of the issue. This isn't an issue you should ever be concerned about as an owner of a brand new car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My recommendation.

1. Call corporate customer service.
2. Keep track of all information, people you talk to, and all work orders (read all work orders prior to leaving the dealership on the language that they put on them have them correct anything prior to leaving to make sure you agree with the wording)
3. Research lemon laws for your state.
4. Of course give Honda the opportunity to fix it and do the right thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts