Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to purchase a new pilot due to being rear ended and it totaling my 2016 pilot.

My problem is when my pilot has been parked overnight my brake pedal locks. I noticed it a few days after purchasing it and drakes thinking something was wrong. I have to push pretty hard to compress the brake enough for the engine to start. I contacted my sales guy and he said don’t push that hard and just hold the button longer. Well that only turns car on not the engine. I always park in my driveway which is a slight incline so I use the parking brake as well. Lastnight I didn’t use the parking brake and it still was locked this morning. I can not compress the brake without force.

Anyone else experience this? Could it be a safety feature or a defect?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just had to purchase a new pilot due to being rear ended and it totaling my 2016 pilot.

My problem is when my pilot has been parked overnight my brake pedal locks. I noticed it a few days after purchasing it and drakes thinking something was wrong. I have to push pretty hard to compress the brake enough for the engine to start. I contacted my sales guy and he said don’t push that hard and just hold the button longer. Well that only turns car on not the engine. I always park in my driveway which is a slight incline so I use the parking brake as well. Lastnight I didn’t use the parking brake and it still was locked this morning. I can not compress the brake without force.

Normal, been a ton of posts on this. Seems to be more prevalent when temps are cold. Just press the pedal enough to start the engine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It’s normal. I don’t notice as much on my pilot but in my wife’s cr-v it’s very noticeable and as soon as the engine turns over it’s super easy to press it.

·
Registered
4 Posts

My Pilot Touring 953 miles just started having to press brake very hard to start engine. Dealer told me this was normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts