Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same question, I can't see why it wouldn't after reviewing the 2018 side rail instructions versus the 2019 ( that are still on Touring models?) and the new 2019 cross bar only instructions. I am tempted to try it. SIGNIFICANTLY more cost effective that having to buy side rails and cross bars ( asinine design)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I talked to my dealer, he puled up the roof assembly drawings and neither of us could see why these won't fit earlier Gen 3 pilots, so I ordered them as he said I could return them if they didn't fit. I didn't cut any roof molding until i was sure they fit. They absolutely fit perfect! This accessory should have been available for all gen 3 pilots, just to pricy for the side rails and cross bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I talked to my dealer, he puled up the roof assembly drawings and neither of us could see why these won't fit earlier Gen 3 pilots, so I ordered them as he said I could return them if they didn't fit. I didn't cut any roof molding until i was sure they fit. They absolutely fit perfect! This accessory should have been available for all gen 3 pilots, just to pricy for the side rails and cross bars.
Hi, it looks great. Would happen to have a full side view and 3/4 view images of the pilot with the racks on?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Looks great indeed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So it should fit my 2016 EXL as well right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
136930[/ATTACH]
ED0273BE-C091-453B-A2E7-954C9CC8EEEF.jpeg
DF7E53E4-AC5F-4BA6-B4FA-5FF7187BB66C.jpeg
307544"]
So it should fit my 2016 EXL as well right?
Yes, just put it on 2016 exl, recommend watching this video:
The instructions from Honda, if you even get them in the box, are a little too proper. If you Google "08l02-tg7-100c installation instructions", you can get the sheet that's missing, but the video is much easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to confirm if I can install the roof rack (08L02-TG7-100C) on my 2016 exl Pilot. There is a $500 difference plus shipping charge between roof rail + cross bar option. There are random posts that say Yes and No on this topic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying to confirm if I can install the roof rack (08L02-TG7-100C) on my 2016 exl Pilot. There is a $500 difference plus shipping charge between roof rail + cross bar option. There are random posts that say Yes and No on this topic.
Yes, it works. You have to cut the metal rails that cover where the factory roof rails would be and reinstall then, but that's easy. Please see above video, it's the entire process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts