Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2019 touring two days ago and I had to take it back to the dealer yesterday.

It looks like the built in At&t cell wasn't setup properly before it left the factory. This makes the Honda link, hotspot and the emergency button on the ceiling all not work. The dealer didn't know what was wrong. Knowing that the electronics are basically a transplant from last years Odyssey I did a little digging and found some people with the same problem on an Odyssey.

My symptoms include:
  • If you select At&T button on the touchscreen you will get a message "Service not supported. The At&t hotspot feature is not available in this vehicle"
  • If you push the blue or red button on the headliner it will say something like "this feature requires a active subscription please refer to owners manual or contact client relations for assistance"
  • If you try to setup Honda link it doesn't work properly and if you select "activate remote features" it will say "Your free trial eligibility period has ended"
I spoke to Honda link and At&t on the phone and both were confused. The only progress I made was when I found a similar problem on odyclub.com.

You can check by going into the diagnostic menu. You hold down Home, Brightness and the volume button until you see a new menu pop up.
IMG_2326.jpg
select" Detail information & settings"
IMG_2328.jpg
select "Unit Check"
IMG_2332.jpg
Scroll down and select "TCU Diag"
IMG_2335.jpg
Then there will be a screen with your TCU info. If you have MSISDN flowed by all zeros you have the same problem.

The dealer got on the phone with Honda support and they have taken over the case. Other people who have had this problem said that one they figured it out they send an over the air update to the modem it's fixed.

Currently it's still not working and I'm waiting and pissed that my new car is already back in the shop. To the dealers credit with a little pressure they got me in to the shop within an hour.

I'll let you know how this progresses.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
I'm not sure I'd leave it at the dealer given the minor nature of the individual problem. I'd rather be driving it.
Keep us up to date on progress!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it back after and hour of so. The fix should be pushed wirelessly so I shouldn't need to be there once the right person gets the info. I was supposed to receive a call from Honda today but haven't.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was supposed to receive a call from Honda today but haven't.
I have the same problems with Hondalink in my 2019 Touring. I was promised a call back from Honda pilot support after they told me that my issue had been "escalated to a higher level support team" over a week ago. I am still waiting for that call.

In the meantime, I talked to my dealer. After contacting their contacts at Honda, they let me know that Honda had a known issue and were working on fixes to the system.

Disappointing!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same problems with Hondalink in my 2019 Touring. I was promised a call back from Honda pilot support after they told me that my issue had been "escalated to a higher level support team" over a week ago. I am still waiting for that call.

In the meantime, I talked to my dealer. After contacting their contacts at Honda, they let me know that Honda had a known issue and were working on fixes to the system.

Disappointing!
That's not encouraging. I guess it's not the same problem as the 2018 odyssey since they seemed to have figured that one out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke to Honda. They were of no help. They are looking into it and will get back to me at some point but it was very open ended.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hope this is all fixed when my lease is up next April. Also hope the crossbars are the same.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just received an email from Honda Link "Congratulations! You are enrolled in HondaLink Connected Vehicle Services and your subscription details are listed below"

I ran out to to the car and everything seems to work. I still need to check everything out but the hotspot works and I can connect to Honda Link.

They must have pushed an OTA update. I'll check later to see if the MSISDN number has been filled in but I suspect it has. My dealership was pushing on my behalf and I think that helped move things along.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated, rschwarz_jr!

I'll try contacting Hondalink support and my dealer later today to see if they can get mine working.

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
You're probably not the only one it's happened to then. The boys in 'Bama probably got an earful from a bunch of dealers.
Glad its fixed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll try contacting Hondalink support and my dealer later today to see if they can get mine working.
I didn't have to call support after all.

When I got into my car today and loaded the HondaLink app on my Android, the app connected to my car and the server and everything was working. I'm looking forward to the 3-month free trial.

I'll probably go with the "Remote" package at $110 per year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

When I got into my car today and loaded the HondaLink app on my Android, the app connected to my car and the server and everything was working. I'm looking forward to the 3-month free trial.

I guess they figured out the problem and are doing a systemwide fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts

We are about to purchase a 2019 Elite. Does Honda Link allow for remote starting of the Pilot from the phone app?

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are about to purchase a 2019 Elite. Does Honda Link allow for remote starting of the Pilot from the phone app?
On the HondaLink website, when you select the 2019 Pilot Elite or Touring, under the "Remote" package it says

Remote Start
Get comfy by cooling down or warming up your car ahead of time.
However, in the HondaLink app on my Android, there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. I see options to lock or unlock the doors, flash the lights, sound the horn, etc, but not to remotely start the vehicle. I may be missing something, though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
On the HondaLink website, when you select the 2019 Pilot Elite or Touring, under the "Remote" package it says

However, in the HondaLink app on my Android, there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. I see options to lock or unlock the doors, flash the lights, sound the horn, etc, but not to remotely start the vehicle. I may be missing something, though.

I believe that only certain models come equipped with the “remote” start package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts