Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am choosing between a 2019 Chevy Traverse and the 2019 Pilot. My concerns is that of the 9 speed transmission offered in the Pilot Elite. We like the features within this trim level but I am worried about this transmission. Does anyone out there own this year and trim level that can talk with me and maybe "ease my min" a bit regarding this. Consumer Reports has this car as the #3 rated Midsize behind the Sorrento and the Highlander. We drove the car but I had my two kids in the back so it was hard for me to focus solely on the transmission. Any help that anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Welcome aboard!

Have you been to the 3rd Generation Pilot Forums yet? You may find more info there!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I am choosing between a 2019 Chevy Traverse and the 2019 Pilot. My concerns is that of the 9 speed transmission offered in the Pilot Elite. We like the features within this trim level but I am worried about this transmission. Does anyone out there own this year and trim level that can talk with me and maybe "ease my min" a bit regarding this. Consumer Reports has this car as the #3 rated Midsize behind the Sorrento and the Highlander. We drove the car but I had my two kids in the back so it was hard for me to focus solely on the transmission. Any help that anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi There,
I have the touring model (2019) which has the same 9 speed transmission. I bought it because of the push button looks and the smoothness of the transmission.It was great for the first 4000 miles but now it jerks at around 25-30 mi/hr speed when it changes from D4 to D5 gear. The dealer has not been able to figure out what is going on and I don't think Honda has a fix for it yet. They are going to send out a field technician to check it out. I am also not the only one complaining about this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts