Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased an extended warranty on their 2019 or 2020 Pilot? Have never purchased one before but considering one due to all of the technology and reported transmission issues on the 9 speeds. If you have purchased one, what price were you quoted and where did you purchase it? I have been quoted $1800 plus tax for a 6yr/72K Honda Care plan. Any better pricing info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
We have a 2019 Touring.... We paid $2000 for a full 10yr / 100k HondaCare warranty through our Honda dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Generally speaking extended warranty is not worth it financially. It can be, in some cases where things go sideways, but on average you don’t get your money back. You are paying for a premium for peace of mind (which is worth something). Considering that you chose Honda because of its reliability it makes even less sense.

If you were to take the cost of the extended care, and put it into a savings account or some similar low risk investment, chances are that you’d have some of that money left over after you pay for repairs which the extended warranty would have covered.

Extended warranty is a gamble on being the unlucky one who incurs uncharacteristic breakdowns.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I have it on my 2019. Since I'm in Florida I had to buy it from my dealer due to the mandated price-fixing here.

I basically had an extended warranty on our 2012 Pilot because it was a certified pre-owned. We did have repairs done which were covered by the longer warranty

Additionally, I had an extended warranty on my Toyota which paid for an $1,100 sunroof repair as well as a $400 tail light repair.

In my case, having an extended warranty has been beneficial. Considering my 2019 is at the dealership for the 4th time due to the infotainment harness issues, I'm glad I have one on this vehicle as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
2019 Pilot - 100K/10yr full HondaCare warranty - paid $2,000usd ...... well worth the 'piece of mind'!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Interesting, I didn't realize Honda Care had a 100K/10Year warranty. It seemed like the longest was 120K/8Years when I was looking into it just last year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting, I didn't realize Honda Care had a 100K/10Year warranty. It seemed like the longest was 120K/8Years when I was looking into it just last year.
120K/8 yrs is the largest that I have seen also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts