Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to hear some opinions.
I am looking to change my 2016 exl for a 2018 touring.
Whats your thought. is there a big difference between the 2018 touring and 2019 touring ?

I am set on a 2018 however, 2019 might me accesible

·
Registered
268 Posts
Different 9 speed programming, updated infotainment system and instrument cluster for starters. LED headlights and fog lights are another update.
The 2019 model tarnsmission normally starts in 2nd gear vs 1st gear in earlier models. I dont know if the 2018 model can be updated with this change.
The 2019 has the updated infotainment system. There is an updated menu system along with a new instrument cluster. Unfortunately this new system has been problematic due to bad connections on the system bus. Honda released a TSB last fall to replace the network cable connectors with an updated part. Most owners with troublesome systems reported good results when the TSB is properly worked; some have reported continuing issues but that may be due to workmanship errors during the TSB repair.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the touring trim. But I looked at an 2018 EXL and a 2019 EXL before settling on the 2019. I liked the design refresh a lot better. The main selling point for me with the 2019 was that SENSE comes standard. I'm not sure if it comes on the 2018 Touring as a standard feature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts