Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I accelerate from stop, the transmission jerks from 1st to 2nd. I took it to dealer and they said they noticed the jerk but refused to fix it as no codes were stored. They also checked automatic transmission fluid level. They said its normal to like models at this time and asked me to bring it back if any lights come up. Has anyone else noticed this issue and what's the resolution ?. Is it required that codes show up for dealer to fix the problem under manufacturer warranty ?.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Sorry that no one has responded to your topic. Transmission problems with new Pilots has been an issue and has been talked about here extensively. It's not surprising that your getting this response from the dealership on this issue. They are obviously putting you off for as long as they can. Know when your waranty expires. Don't cross that line without them admitting that you have a problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I accelerate from stop, the transmission jerks from 1st to 2nd. I took it to dealer (Flow Honda) and they said they noticed the jerk but refused to fix it as no codes were stored. They also checked automatic transmission fluid level. They said its normal to like models at this time and asked me to bring it back if any lights come up. Has anyone else noticed this issue and what's the resolution ?. Is it required that codes show up for dealer to fix the problem under manufacturer warranty ?.
There is no fix for it. It is a very well documented issue with the 9-speed ZF transmission that has been present since it debuted in 2014 on FCA products. You will either have to live with it or get rid of the vehicle. I believe 2019+ vehicles deal with this issue by starting in 2nd gear most of the time. Just to save you the trouble you'll also notice the vehicle surges when manually doing to 5-4 downshift - this is associated with 4th gear being a dog clutch and the computer has to rev the engine to match the speed of dog clutch gears. The first time this happens (it feels like the car is speeding up momentarily while you are trying to slow down) it can be disconcerting. Again, this is working as intended.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To me on ours 1st gear just seems really
low, shifts smoothly but you’d think it was in 4wd low on my 4runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
To me on ours 1st gear just seems really
low, shifts smoothly but you’d think it was in 4wd low on my 4runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first gear on the 9-speed is really aggressive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No issue with our transmission shifting but yes, 1st is a low gear and really gets the pilot moving fast off the line. The gearing makes the 9 speed the faster and more
Efficient pilot over the 2011 6 speed in the cheap versions of the pilot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts