Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Buffalo for Thanks giving last year and had tried remote starting the 2018 Touring Pilot, the remote worked well and starts the car, but there was a shocker/surprise, the car started and rolled good-3-4 steps forwards and stopped. Lucky me, there was object or car parked in front. I tried reading the blogs but could not find any one had this issue reported. I suspect that I may have turned the ignition off (stop button) when the gear was in D (drive mode), and when i started the memory was still on D before the system recovered and stopped the car.

·
Registered
732 Posts
That's pretty strange indeed. I know that if I shut off my 2019 Pilot while it is in drive, the transmission is automatically put into Park, not sure if that feature is on your 2018 but I would think so.

The cars should also protected with a neutral safety switch, which will prevent the car from starting in any gear other than Park or perhaps Neutral. Might be called something else now but there should be some type of device to prevent in gear.

Did this ever occur again last year, or only that one time? I know the neutral safety switch could be adjusted on some vehicles if it got sloppy or out of alignment and allowed the car to start in any other gear.

Not sure how a drive gear could have even been engaged because the brake pedal has to be depressed to remove the car from park. Even if the car was left in neutral, there is about a 15 minute window before it will automatically shift into park.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts