2 Posts
Back in Feb 2018 bought 2018 Pilot Touring AWD w/ Wheel locks

Price -> $40,500
W/ Taxes (8%), Fees, 7 yr 84k HondaCare-> $45k

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

First post since picking up my 2018 Pilot AWD EX-l Silver about a week ago.

The final agreed on price was $36,311

I had a 2015 CRV AWD EX-L trade in that they ended up giving me $17,500 for ($500 dealer incentive)

Difference in what I owed and what they gave me for trade got me to a final price with 60 month at .9% of $31,600

So far I'm absolutely loving this car. Was happy with the CRV but always felt kinda bare and open. The Pilot to me seem to "fit" better!!

Was a pleasant no hassle 2nd time buying from Lamacchia Honda in Syracuse NY

Opieos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lafayette, IN 2018 EX-L w/Sensing

Last week brought home a 2018 Pilot EX-L AWD w/Sensing, Grey w/black interior from Bob Rohrman in Lafayette, Indiana.

MSRP+destination was $40,655

Price paid was $34,456 + $199 doc fee, $30 registration, $1431 taxes. Also gave me a trade-in value about $1500-2000 higher than expected on my 2011 Pilot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The lowest quote Im getting on 2018 Pilot Touring AWD is $39,600 plus taxes & fees. Costco Auto Program has recommended me another dealer, who is yet to send me a quote. Im hoping he would be able to beat this price and /or throw in some upgrades.

Is this a fair quote? Considering all the dealers around me have only last few 2018s left, should i push for lower quote?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The lowest quote Im getting on 2018 Pilot Touring AWD is $39,600 plus taxes & fees. Costco Auto Program has recommended me another dealer, who is yet to send me a quote. Im hoping he would be able to beat this price and /or throw in some upgrades.

Is this a fair quote? Considering all the dealers around me have only last few 2018s left, should i push for lower quote?
I got $39000 ( include tax, fee, paperwork ) + $1000 trade in, OTD. you should push them more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What add-ons and upgrades do you recommend? From strictly need perspective, 2nd row seat cover and all weather floor mats seem like a requirement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2018 EX-L in Phoenix

Price 32035

Dealer added tint and other 750

100k warranty 1500

Tax 2759

Doc fee 499

Registration 608

Total otd 38151

0.9% for 60 months through Honda

Pmt 650

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 EX in NJ

MRSP Price $40,000 with all of the below
20” Black Alloy rims and Wheels
Roof rack/rails
6yr/100k warranty $1,200
Life time oil/filter change $500

I ended up paying $35,400 with all fees and taxes with 3.99% for 60 months

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's been awhile for me but I wanted to come back to pay it forward to those who had helped me out earlier. I wanted to share a few tidbits of information for those who may still be left looking for 2018s.

Ended up paying $34064 for EX-L AWD in Columbus, OH area. + $250 doc fee, $38.50 for title and registration. I added on some accessories so OTD (including tax) was $37, 743

A few pieces of information that may be helpful:

1. Thompsonz buying method. Check that out on this thread. That helped me.
2. Dealers will be more willing to negotiate based on the # of days the vehicle has sat on the lot.
3. Several dealers did not believe my quote. When I shared it with them, some didn't reply and some didn't even offer to match it (beware of things like free oil changes). Just negotiate the price. That's it.
4. I really wanted sensing but the supply just wasn't there. I opted for the better deal.
5. For whatever reason, car prices fluctuate dramatically based on location. It may be worth flying one way (for example to DC /Baltimore area) and drive the Pilot back. I considered this option
6. I did NOT set foot in the dealership before confirmed the sale.

That said, the drawbacks in the approach were as follows (as no test drive existed):

7. EX-L model does not have USB/charging port in 2nd row. There is one in the 3rd row and two in the front seat area. Kids have to plug in their devices in the USB/charging port in central console, so unfortunately extra wires are around (we had 2005 EX-L that had the USB in the second row)

8. Make sure you test out the button that automatically pushes the second row of seats forward. The power and effectiveness of the motor is dramatically different between models we looked at. We ended up getting a new motor replaced at the dealership with a minor improvement.

9. Finance Guy. It went smooth but be prepared besides Honda Care. I thought Gap was included but thats for leases only. The guy jumped on that misinformation of mine and I almost signed up for gap (which would include it for the life of the loan). Luckily my insurance agent called me at the same time to convince me otherwise.

10. Know what accessories you want. I wasn't able to negotiate the price of accessories. You can find them cheaper online but I went ahead and had some accessories installed anyway. Just make sure you understand if you want to pay out of pocket for them or include them in the loan.

Happy to help out anyone else if needed, I really appreciate the helpful information on this site.

.9% interest rate is also fantastic, although I still can't figure out how the dealership calculated the finance charge. It doesn't add up to .9% of the amount financed (over double that). So make sure you run the numbers while you are there to double check the math. Hopefully I didnt miss this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brand new 2018 Honda Pilot - Touring
165 miles
$42800 OTD

After many many calls to many different dealerships and making them go against each other, this was the best deal I've gotten in MN twin cities area.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Honda Queens dealer wanted $38,500.

I paid $34,500 in Queens, N.Y. for EX-L - Obsidian Blue (took some time to haggle them down). Negotiated and they threw in the wheel locks, front/rear Honda OEM rubber mats and cargo rubber mat as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2019 EX-L White

$34095

$175 doc fees

$200 for installed body side molding

I forget what the tax was
:surprise:

Superb price!

·
Registered
232 Posts
:surprise:

Superb price!
Thanks!
Believe me it was a freaking battle, 3 dealers in two days.....and to top it off I was trading in my 2018 CR-V with a bad oil dilution issue and lack of heat. I honestly did not want to go with the lemon law, I just didn't want to screw around for months or years. Maybe this "Fix" is going to work but early reviews don't look good. I did end up getting a very very good price on the trade in. I told them if they low ball me I'll put large lemon stickers on the car and park across the street. I'll also be dressed as a lemon. Believe me I would have done it LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks!
Believe me it was a freaking battle, 3 dealers in two days.....and to top it off I was trading in my 2018 CR-V with a bad oil dilution issue and lack of heat. I honestly did not want to go with the lemon law, I just didn't want to screw around for months or years. Maybe this "Fix" is going to work but early reviews don't look good. I did end up getting a very very good price on the trade in. I told them if they low ball me I'll put large lemon stickers on the car and park across the street. I'll also be dressed as a lemon. Believe me I would have done it LOL
:grin:

Yeah I know. When I purchased mine I think my wife and I were at the dealer practically half a day. I definitely nego; its part of the battle. Sounds like a win-win for you. Good price for the trade-in and a 2019 Pilot.

Good luck ! :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
2018 Touring $39854 OTD with Honda Low Profile All Weather Mats and Splash Guards and Lifetime Warranty.
Plus .09% Financing In Sept.
Still some year end deals to be had if your looking!
A bit of advice when looking is call all sizes of dealers, a large dealer in Seattle only beat the deal I got by 50 bucks over a closer dealer in Idaho that was small.

481 - 500 of 513 Posts