Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

321 - 340 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if dealers are likely to give good discounts on 2019 Pilot?
Seems like people were reporting good discounts off MSRP when 2018 came out.
But I always thought there's less incentives for dealers to sell these popular cars at a discounted price when they just hit the market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Piloteers,

I am planning to Buy 2018 Pilot Touring AWD and got a Quote from Honda Dealer in Northern VA (DC Sub) for $39,999 OTD White Ext with Black Int.
No Accessories included.
Bargaining for 2y of Honda Care

Is this a good price? What are the recommended accessories for Pilot?
Any other packages like (extended Warranty, Maintenance, Dent protection etc.) Recommended in long term?

Thanks in Advance..
$39,999 OTD including tax and title?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Best price for a 18 EXL FWD was 36k OTD INCLUDING a 6.75 % tax...think decent?

Could anyone give me their Best price for TOURING ? FWD.

Wondered if the end mo/4TH giving any real deals?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
EX-L, FWD
NO Sensing or Navigation or Rear Entertainment options

MSRP: $37,755
Sale price: $31,900 (15.5% off)
Dealer processing: $300
Tire recycling fee: $4
No accessories/dealer installed
MD Tax: $1,932
Title/Tags: $327
Electronic Registration fee: $20
Total OTD: $34,483

Ourisman Honda (Laurel, MD)
Did not trade in the 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L with 133k miles: dealer offered $2800, CarMax $5000

Used Edmunds, TrueCar, CarGurus for pricing information. Received quotes from a couple of dealers and then shopped the lowest quote with a few other dealers. Also called other dealerships to ask them to undercut the best price but the two I called both said "That is a great price for the car, you should buy it! We can't touch that price." Ironically the dealer I purchased from was initially the highest ($34k base), but when given an opportunity to match another deal ($32,045) then came in as the cheapest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is that 37,400 tax everything?
No. I never list an OTD price because it doesn’t reflect a true buying price for every buyer. Every dealer has different tax, title and doc fees. But, the one constant is always MSRP which was $42965 for the Touring.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi fellow Buckeye here,....John Hinderer had a New 18 EX for sale at 29,942 plus tax and fees I went over to see it but they said they sold it,someone got a great deal!

I had not been looking for new but it came up in my feed on Car Gurus, at that price I would forgo roof and leather of the EXL and be happy.

My opinion is we are in a high price bubble in Central Ohio its only when you go out 300 to 500 miles south the pricing gets lower as it shows on Autotrader or Cargurus,why? I dunno.
If nothing comes up end of the month/4th July sales then I will take a trip to the beach and buy a car.:eek:
Thanks for the follow-up. I agree, it's very weird that we are in a high price bubble. Maybe I'll have to expand my search area as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Best price for a 18 EXL FWD was 36k OTD INCLUDING a 6.75 % tax...think decent?

Could anyone give me their Best price for TOURING ? FWD.

Wondered if the end mo/4TH giving any real deals?

Thanks.

Are you able to provide the breakdown of your quote and which dealer you received it from in Ohio? As discussed, I think I need a decent quote to get the local dealers here in Ohio to match it (They don't seem interested in going more than 10% off MSRP without another quote to match). Thanks in advance for your help. I will post back if I can do any better.
-Matt

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up. I agree, it's very weird that we are in a high price bubble. Maybe I'll have to expand my search area as well.
Be patient, with the new 2019's on the horizon in one month (Honda sensing on all models) the 2018's will be highly discounted to move them out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you able to provide the breakdown of your quote and which dealer you received it from in Ohio? As discussed, I think I need a decent quote to get the local dealers here in Ohio to match it (They don't seem interested in going more than 10% off MSRP without another quote to match). Thanks in advance for your help. I will post back if I can do any better.
-Matt
Parag Patel Honda Marysville was the service writer/mgr (he must be VP/leadership bc he ranks 3rd after the owner on the staff pics) so he replaced a battery out of warranty for me so I left a glowing review and I called him and asked could you beat 36k OTD price for a FWD EX he said yes by a few hundred dollars, it was verbal and a few months ago so I think Its doable.

Jason daily sold me my Accord and is the "internet guy" he is low bs and gives you a decent price that Roush Honda did not want to touch.

I,m ambivilent to the point I will wait for the 19 just because,....if they drop their draws and sell me a 18 cheap, fine I will take it especially if they have a 2WD they need gone.

Let me know how you get on pm me if you like, thanks,Carl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello ,
Looking for a 2018 Pilot EXL-AWD with sensing / 2018 Touring in the Portland Area. Cannot decide between the 2. Good idea to wait for the 2019 's ? any recent experiences or prices from the portland area dealerships ?

·
Super Moderator
15,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Maine or Oregon?

The deals on the 18s will soon start drying up. As Paul Revere might have said “The 19s are coming”.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a 2018 EX-L W/Sensing in Boston

$34,787 2018 Honda Pilot EX-L with Sensing AWD,
plus $398 dealer doc fee,
plus $35 inspection sticker,
plus $140 title and reg,
plus $2199.06 MA state taxes,
final OTD price $37,559.06
MSRP including $975 destination charge was $40,635.00
5 year financed at .9% finance
purchased 6/29/18
Mileage before test drive: 13

·
Registered
5 Posts
CarlJohn, check out the prices at Hare Honda in Avon Indiana. (West side Indy dealer) They were wiling to deal with us in May. We contacted them initially thru the internet (Marcus) and then did go there in person.

We ended up not going with them, we went with our local dealer who was only $500 or so higher. We live north of Indy and felt a small loyalty to our local guy whose vehicles we had test driven and will take the car to for any warranty issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New user here! Excited to own our first Pilot!

2018 Pilot EX AWD w/ Honda Sensing

MSRP: $37,315
Price: $31,416 (16% off MSRP)
Tax: $1,813 (KY)
Title/Registration: $50
Doc Fee: $699
Total: $33,978

Dealer matched CarMax price of $1,200 for our old Civic trade-in which brings OTD price to $32,778

They also threw in all-weather floor mats, cargo mat, mud flaps, and 4 oil changes. That probably explains the crazy doc fee.

Negotiated price over e-mail first. Cheapest dealer within 100 miles was Huffman Honda in Frankfort, Kentucky. We really wanted Sensing but they didn't have one in stock, so after we agreed on the price, they dealer-traded for one that was sitting at Germain Honda in Dayton, Ohio. Car had 36 miles on it. Really enjoyed dealing with Huffman - seems like a well-run dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda Touring AWD from Dick Hannah in WA
MSRP 40865
SP = 39700
MATS, tray , splash guard = 385
license . + title + registration + priv tax = 648.93
doc fees = 150

total OTD 40883.93 - 500 ( recent graduate rebate ) = 40383.93

·
Registered
32 Posts
Be patient, with the new 2019's on the horizon in one month (Honda sensing on all models) the 2018's will be highly discounted to move them out.
CarlJohn, check out the prices at Hare Honda in Avon Indiana. (West side Indy dealer) They were wiling to deal with us in May. We contacted them initially thru the internet (Marcus) and then did go there in person.

We ended up not going with them, we went with our local dealer who was only $500 or so higher. We live north of Indy and felt a small loyalty to our local guy whose vehicles we had test driven and will take the car to for any warranty issues.
Thanks.

Columbus-eagle,I just spotted a new 2017 EXL FWD for 30,880 at Honda Conyers in GA,I guess its been sitting around for over 200 days.I suspect I cannot link to it ?

321 - 340 of 515 Posts