Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the dealer, I had had remote start added to my 2018 LX. It's the LX remote and you press "lock" 2x and the engine starts. However, when you go to open the door, the engine shuts and you have to re-start. Is this something that can be re-programmed? On my '13 Pilot, I had a cheap aftermarket remote start that stayed on after you opened the door (you would just put the key in the ignition and it would keep running).

·
Registered
980 Posts
Not sure how the added remote works. Mine came with a built in to the key fob, and ou press the lock button and then the semi-circle to remote start the car. The car will run for ten minutes and shut down if you don't open the door or if you don't do the same routine to extend it to another ten minutes. When you open the door, you need to press the brake and push the start/stop button to start the car and drive away.

·
Registered
23 Posts
On my 2018 EX-L, you press the lock button first and then remote start button within 10 sec, the car will start and run for 10 mins. if you do this again, it'll add another 10 min. however if you press the remote start button, it'll shut off the engine right away.
And when you get in the car, you need to press the brake+start button to "start" the car before being able to drive it away, the engine doesn't shut off and restart though. apparently this is a welcome new design different than previous model years.

·
Registered
980 Posts
On my 2018 EX-L, you press the lock button first and then remote start button within 10 sec, the car will start and run for 10 mins. if you do this again, it'll add another 10 min. however if you press the remote start button, it'll shut off the engine right away.
And when you get in the car, you need to press the brake+start button to "start" the car before being able to drive it away, the engine doesn't shut off and restart though. apparently this is a welcome new design different than previous model years.
I believe the 2016 (at least mine) works the same way. Which feature is different/new? Press lock, then remote start, car will run for 10 minutes. Within the 10 minutes, do that again it will extend another 10 minutes (or you can let it stop and do that again for 10 more minutes, I believe).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts