Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my 2018 Pilot EXL AWD for over a year. At about a year this noise that I can only describe as a continual cricket noise occurs at idle or just above idle. I don't hear it when driving at normal speeds, but most prevalent when stopped at lights, etc. Took to dealership, they said they had a TSB for the engine fuel pump. So the changed the fuel pump and still makes the noise. Problem is, it will make the noise all the way to the dealership and then not when I'm at the dealership. So Honda can't do anything since they say they can't duplicate the noise. I am allowing the Honda Tech to take the vehicle home and drive it. Hopefully they can figure it out, but I'm not overly optimistic. Any ideas?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds like your dealership is doing the right things to resolve your issue. Let the tech find the problem & address it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the good news is, they were finally able to hear the noise and duplicate it in the shop. They think it is a rear motor mount that may be causing the noise. I truly hope they are right and this fixes the issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they replaced the rear engine mount and it appears that was it. The rear engine mount has a vacuum line and apparently it was leaking. Car seems to be nice and quiet now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good for you. My dealer said they don’t have a fix right now, they even said the noise is the normal direct injection sound. I’m going to a different dealership and tell them to check the mount.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same problem. They first changed a cross member and that didn't fix it. After many more trips to the dealer and eventually getting an engineer to come look at it, they figured out it was a motor mount. It's been a few months and I can start to hear the problem again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts