Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone… I am new to the group and appreciate the ad… I have a 2018 Pilot Elite all-wheel-drive and recently noticed a faint but noticeable ticking sound that increases with acceleration. I took The vehicle back to the dealer and their chief mechanic told me it was the sound of fuel injectors and was quite normal. My question is should I believe him or what?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello everyone… I am new to the group and appreciate the ad… I have a 2018 Pilot Elite all-wheel-drive and recently noticed a faint but noticeable ticking sound that increases with acceleration. I took The vehicle back to the dealer and their chief mechanic told me it was the sound of fuel injectors and was quite normal. My question is should I believe him or what?
whats the milage? and is it more noticeable at startup? was the noise always there, or is this a new noise?i just posted something similar, and just had my 2012 repaired and ticking is gone..got it back yesterday

·
Registered
922 Posts
whats the milage? and is it more noticeable at startup? was the noise always there, or is this a new noise?i just posted something similar, and just had my 2012 repaired and ticking is gone..got it back yesterday
Curious what the fix was for your ticking in your 2012?

·
Registered
68 Posts
my camshaft had wear
still digging into why...didnt get a straight answer
its fixed..no ticking...and i have the camshaft with the wear

they said it was the bridge bolt issue..i guess they come loose? i saw a bulletin on it

someone jump in and help?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks…my car has about 40K miles…the ticking is at all times while engine is running. May I ask what repairs were done to your vehicle To resolve?
hopefully thats just your injectors...
was the noise always there since you bought it? mine was noticable when it got cold out...id never heard the noise before

·
Registered
505 Posts
High pressure direct injection fuel injectors are notoriously noisy, but there are other more troubling sources of tick including a timing belt tensioner going bad.

At 40k mile it is unlikely to be the timing belt tensioner.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,443 Posts
Fuel injection pressures are really high now. 1500psi at the low end to over 2400psi. They are all electronically controlled. Listen at a traffic light sometime.
Some cars shut off but you’ll quickly make out the “teeth chattering “ sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts