Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Everyone, I’m new to the site. I was just wondering if there is any other options in replacing my chrome grille other than painting them black? Would the 2019-20 black grille fit on my 2018 pilot EX-L? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2019+ has a different front grille from the 2018. Your options are vinyl wrap, plasti dip, or spray paint. I took my front grille off of my 2019 and spray painted. I recommend vinyl wrap by a professional or spray paint. I wouldn't plasti dip the front grille because plast dip can look dull and matte.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
The 2019-2020 will fit, but not without replacing the front end of the car. The grille would have to be surrounded with 2019-2020 parts. To accommodate the head lights will require replacing the fenders and painted bumper etc.......

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I got corrected on the 2016 to 2020 LED headlights, I'm probably wrong on my above post. Let's us know if your successful in the Black grille endeavor.

·
Registered
252 Posts
to use a 2019-20 black grille, you will need a 2019+ front bumper along with it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
theres black grills on ebay. just search 2017 pilot black grill.
Not true as far as I see. There are grills missing the inserts. We all have those “black” grills with “chrome inserts” in them. Go 3m vinyl. Been 5 years and holding up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts