Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Pilot AWD Touring with 20' rim and factory Continentals (245/50R20) approaching 50k miles will need new tires soon. Very happy with the Continental tire gas mileage, road noise, winter traction and general wear. But recently purchased a property that is only accessible via a 3 mile Class IV/V dirt road. Although the road is in pretty good shape, I'm considering more of an off-road A/T tire like the Geolandar A/T G015 or the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail. Leaning Geolandar. But also wanted to se e if anyone bumped the tire size for better selection of tires to choose from (i.e. 245/60R20 or 250/55R20).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have seen some post of people installing 30.5" to the pilot without lifting and without rubbing (265/60/R18 Wrangler A/T). I am not 100% sure, but I also want to try an All Terrain tire when I change mines. I like the Nitto Ridge Glapper 265/50/20 and the Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 265/50/20. These are both 30.5". Let's see what other folks think about it. I found a picture of a Pilot using the Nitto on internet. It Seems to have the original suspension.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
My 2018 Pilot AWD Touring with 20' rim and factory Continentals (245/50R20) approaching 50k miles will need new tires soon. Very happy with the Continental tire gas mileage, road noise, winter traction and general wear. But recently purchased a property that is only accessible via a 3 mile Class IV/V dirt road. Although the road is in pretty good shape, I'm considering more of an off-road A/T tire like the Geolandar A/T G015 or the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail. Leaning Geolandar.
Don't overlook the Toyo Open Country A/T III:
Open Country A/T III | The All-Terrain Tires for Trucks, SUVs and CUVs

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
581 Posts
I have seen some post of people installing 30.5" to the pilot without lifting and without rubbing (265/60/R18 Wrangler A/T). I am not 100% sure, but I also want to try an All Terrain tire when I change mines. I like the Nitto Ridge Glapper 265/50/20 and the Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 265/50/20. These are both 30.5". Let's see what other folks think about it. I found a picture of a Pilot using the Nitto on internet. It Seems to have the original suspension. View attachment 148982

Sexy.

If I remember correctly the Nittos are popular.

I have zero experience with AT tires but the only blow out I've ever had was on Yokohoma's so those were written off forever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts