Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week after I bought my Pilot at 395 miles I had a transmission light pop up on dash. The car was jerking and shifting bad. I did not feel safe driving it. The tech line said to replace valve body. After 7 days in the shop, I finally got my brand new car back.

618 miles, 2 days later something was leaking. Gasket was pinched when they did valve body so reinstalled.

6861 miles, another leak. Linear solenoid assembly. Gasket cracked and replaced.

23,783 miles, felt like transmission is not shifting right. They said could be torque converter locking and unlocking. "This is normal" so no repairs

49,975 miles, I brought in for same issue. It feels like its jerking around 2-3rd gear. At higher speeds it sounds like it needs to shift but doesn’t. I have to let off the gas in order for it to shift.

Tech could feel judder in trans. Will need software update and trans flush with 3 flushes.
My question is, is this a powertrain warranty issue? They want to charge me $400 to update the software and flush my trans 3x. Updating software seems like a warranty issue. I have done some research online and looks like this same issue has happened on the 2016 Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
About a week after I bought my Pilot at 395 miles I had a transmission light pop up on dash. The car was jerking and shifting bad. I did not feel safe driving it. The tech line said to replace valve body. After 7 days in the shop, I finally got my brand new car back.

618 miles, 2 days later something was leaking. Gasket was pinched when they did valve body so reinstalled.

6861 miles, another leak. Linear solenoid assembly. Gasket cracked and replaced.

23,783 miles, felt like transmission is not shifting right. They said could be torque converter locking and unlocking. "This is normal" so no repairs

49,975 miles, I brought in for same issue. It feels like its jerking around 2-3rd gear. At higher speeds it sounds like it needs to shift but doesn’t. I have to let off the gas in order for it to shift.

Tech could feel judder in trans. Will need software update and trans flush with 3 flushes.
My question is, is this a powertrain warranty issue? They want to charge me $400 to update the software and flush my trans 3x. Updating software seems like a warranty issue. I have done some research online and looks like this same issue has happened on the 2016 Honda Pilot.
Normal maintenance is 1 drain and fill. 3 x is because your transmission is having problems. Honda should pay for that. I've heard of others paying for software upgrades which seems ridiculous. If your transmission fluid is black before normal maintainace, I feel you have a case. Your clutch plates are shedding material prematurely. Get them to acknowledge the problem before your warranty is out.
These 6-speed transmission don't just judder. They will constantly slip. This is evident by an erratic behaving rpm gauge while in cruise.

Reactions: ys1219
1 - 2 of 2 Posts