Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New fuse only lasts like 2 days prior to interior lights being out again and fuse needing to be replaced - any thoughts? Have an appointments in a couple weeks with dealer

·
Registered
1 Posts
New fuse only lasts like 2 days prior to interior lights being out again and fuse needing to be replaced - any thoughts? Have an appointments in a couple weeks with dealer
I’m having the same issue, my fuse 7.5a only lasted 2 weeks now it’s blown again. Please post a follow up with what you find out at the dealer.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,336 Posts
Have any of you replaced the lights with LED bulbs? Perhaps the LED bulb leads are wider compared to OEM, which stretched the metal leads on the sockets and causes a short to chassis.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Turn OFF the interior lights via the switch on the center roof console. Visually check for a blown fuse. If the fuse is blowing every 2 days with the switch in the DOOR activated position, I’d go at least 4 days with the switch OFF to see if the fuse blows. If the fuse doesn’t blow after 4 days, go back to DOOR and verify the fuse still blows. Do the same with the rear cargo area light. An intermittent short occurring once a day or so will be hard to find. This may help the tech isolate the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts