Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah brought to honda twice they said it's fixed but still have the problem now have to bring in for a third time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just crazy how they say it's fixed and show all these new parts that they put ! Twice so far I haven't found anyone yet with this type of leak .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same exact leak Pilot 2019 collects rain water in left rear cargo bay side compartment tray. Drips coming down from the Aux Power (cigarette lighter) socket about a foot up on interior side panel. Annoying so gonna take to dealer next week. Will post any news.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer first replaced the exterior rubber water seal strip between roof and upper rear side panel but small leak persisted. On closer inspection an experienced tech at the dealer found a small spot where the metal interior support was slightly bent next to that water seal strip. This allowed a small leak with heavy rains. Replaced that part and problem fixed. I guess most folks would assume the rubber water seal strip defective as initial culprit but look closer if the leak persists after "repair" first time. No charge - under warranty.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Dealer first replaced the exterior rubber water seal strip between roof and upper rear side panel but small leak persisted. On closer inspection an experienced tech at the dealer found a small spot where the metal interior support was slightly bent next to that water seal strip. This allowed a small leak with heavy rains. Replaced that part and problem fixed. I guess most folks would assume the rubber water seal strip defective as initial culprit but look closer if the leak persists after "repair" first time. No charge - under warranty.
Bad design on the hatch. Mine was poring water down when opened after heavy rain, but lucky enough no water went inside.

·
Registered
11,798 Posts
The common hatch leak was where the windshield washer fluid tubing is made to long and it loops down into the gasket seal. To fix, simply cut the tubing an inch or so shorter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts