Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes 2018 Honda Pilot has been making this chirping noise. When it was brand new (warmer weather?) you really had to listen to it to hear the noise. Its much louder now (getting colder) I recorded the below audio file from my phone while sitting idle in drive with the heat\air off in the drivers seat. It makes the noise more when the engine is cooler. Typically when I am stopped at a light I hear it the most but have heard it at times up to 10 mph.

[2018 Honda Pilot Chirp](2018 Honda Pilot Chirp - Clyp)

Took it to the dealership and the replaced the tensioner and belt. That didn't fix it. Its in the shop again and now they are ordering a "rear mount"

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is it a 9 speed transmission? How many miles on your car?

Correct me if I m wrong but is this the 9 speed transmission chirp? Sounds horrible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have this too but it's not as strong and loud as yours. But mine is the climate fan. You can actually hear it come to a slow and stop when you turn the climate off. It's coming from the passenger side

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was supposed to get a rear mount replaced for the chirping but Honda called and said a previous client’s car noise returned after a few days after mount replaced so I need to wait till they call out a Honda rep to investigate.
Been waiting since October to resolve this! Clearly a defect in all the new Pilots!

·
Registered
399 Posts
several people have complained about this chrip, there is a tsb on a similar noise. its annoying, but the tsb and other threads indicate it wont harm anything--assuming its same issue.

i have it too. havnt had time to have honda look.

does yours still make the sound when you put it in idle?

·
Registered
63 Posts
m1903a3

Did Honda ever fix this? My 2018 is doing the exact same thing and they can’t figure it out.
My wife's '18 Touring AWD has the same noise. Sounds like it's coming from the HVAC vent. It's not the fan, turning the HVAC off has no effect.
However, shifting to neutral makes it go away. Put it back in gear and the noise returns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts