Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with a model that has the mirror tilt in reverse feature (not sure if all models have it or not), when you have the right side mirror tilt activated (mirror adjustment switch set to right side) and place the car in reverse, does the mirror tilt smoothly through its full range of travel or does it skip/jump towards the end of the range?

I took mine into the shop for regular oil change and had them look at this issue. While the left side functions as expected, the dealer tells me the right side mirror is functioning normally and that they have tested another pilot and it behaves the same. It is, according to them, that the mirror will not tilt any further/has reached the end of its designed travel range. That seems bizarre to me as you would expect it to be engineered to stop at the end of its travel range, not keep trying to push the mirror down further. The left side does not exhibit the same behavior.

Any feedback on yours? Thanks in advance.

DG

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just tested this again to confirm while I was out and about and both my driver and passenger side mirrors smoothly scroll down to a stop when reversing and smoothly return to the normal position when taking it out of reverse. If you manually adjust your passenger mirror all the way down and then back up to simulate what happens in the reverse tilt function, does it jump and skip as well? I suspect you have a messed up actuator in the mirror from the sounds of it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
mine goes smooth until all the way both sides. that service folks at that dealer is trying to avoid fixing it under warranty. so they are saying the one side is NORMAL to stutter and skip while the other side is smooth? BS! call them out on it and ask to see for yourself that the other pilots do the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just tested this again to confirm while I was out and about and both my driver and passenger side mirrors smoothly scroll down to a stop when reversing and smoothly return to the normal position when taking it out of reverse. If you manually adjust your passenger mirror all the way down and then back up to simulate what happens in the reverse tilt function, does it jump and skip as well? I suspect you have a messed up actuator in the mirror from the sounds of it.
Yes, it shows the same behavior when adjusting manually as it does when putting in reverse, and I agree it needs to be repaired/replaced. Thanks for confirming.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine goes smooth until all the way both sides. that service folks at that dealer is trying to avoid fixing it under warranty. so they are saying the one side is NORMAL to stutter and skip while the other side is smooth? BS! call them out on it and ask to see for yourself that the other pilots do the same.
Thanks for confirming, and yes, I've called them out on it when the service adviser claimed it was normal when he called me. I told him to have the tech re-check it and I plan to have them show me another that has the same behavior if they insist it is normal when I pick it up.

It is at the dealership to also address an issue with the Autostart/Starter. On 2 occasions, I've started the car using the "push to start" dash button and it immediately stalled. On a 3rd occasion, I was at an intersection and the "autostart" feature was enabled. When I pressed on the gas, the car did not auto-restart and put itself in Park. I was able to quickly hit the "start" button and get moving again, but that is an uncomfortable feeling.

They were able to read fault codes and diagnose this to a faulty control module and are replacing that under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts