Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2009 Pilot and decided to pull the trigger on a second newer one for the family roadster. Bought a 17 with 69k miles touring package for $28.3k...and 48 hours later it stranded the wife and daughter on the side of the road. Dealer says 1) you own the car and 2) it ‘should’ just be the fuel injectors (though there is a transmission code that is confusing them).

They are covering the cost, but here’s my questions: do new fuel injectors cure the problem? I know this is a known issue with 16s and 17s, but wanting to know if we replace them are we out of the woods? Or does it keep happening?

·
Registered
223 Posts
48 hours and these issues already? Can you say 'Money Pit'?

I'd DEMAND they take back that car and look for another one.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Where do you live? In MD the dealers have to take the vehicle back within 7 or 10 days...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MD actually doesn’t have the return policy people seem to think, must have been one day. Our options are to get them to amicably agree to take it back (which they won’t) or exchange it for something else...problem there is we really want a pilot and their used options are limited. My thinking is actually glad the injector issue reared it’s head now and is covered in the Certified Honda warranty.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Has anyone who has had the injectors replaced noted that the replacement injectors are the same part number as the original or a revised part. I can't help but wonder if always using "top tier" fuel, and maybe a fuel additive (Chevron Techron, for example) occasionally would be beneficial.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Has anyone who has had the injectors replaced noted that the replacement injectors are the same part number as the original or a revised part. I can't help but wonder if always using "top tier" fuel, and maybe a fuel additive (Chevron Techron, for example) occasionally would be beneficial.
Originals are 305 in the part number. Current replacements are 315. Are they any better/improved ??? is the question.

Reactions: Aviator6

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@MtMan, yep! That exactly what I’m trying to find out. Looked at one way, this is awful and annoying and I bought a car that’s a POS. Looked at another way, if they new parts solve the problem, I’m winning lottery ticket lucky this happened hours from purchase bc it was a likely scenario at some point but now the dealer gets to pay for the fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts