Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the 2019 Pilot EXL that has the 6 Speed Transmission. Wondering who has the most miles on it with no problems? Are The New Honda Pilots still Reliable? The 9 Speed transmission Scares me. Even on the 2019's it seems to be a ticking time bomb.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
I think the 6 speed was unchanged from 2016. I have 4,100 miles on my 2018 EX AWD and the 6 speed is smooth as butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just 4k on ours. The only thing I've found happens when I slow down from a cruising speed to about 22-23 mph and then hit the gas again. There's a bit of a lurch as it downshifts into that particular gear (probably 3rd gear). It's not bad, and certainly nothing to raise a fuss over if it never gets worse. But it is more noticeable than the other shifts, so it's something I'll keep an eye on as it gets more miles on it.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Just traded my 2017 EX-L for 2019 same model. I had 40+k miles on it. Not one issue the whole time. I won't go higher than EX-L because I don't wanna lose a seat and I don't trust 9 speed either. The 6 speed is tried and true. Had it in my Ridgeline too. Only had this a few days, but I can't see anything bad happening as far as Transmission goes. Just put my trailer hitch on and got my Maxliners in. Feeling good! LoL

Rich

·
Registered
222 Posts
45k on 17 EX-L. No issues. But I swear the trans is smoother and more responsive in my 06 Tacoma with 202k.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looking at the 2019 Pilot EXL that has the 6 Speed Transmission. Wondering who has the most miles on it with no problems? Are The New Honda Pilots still Reliable? The 9 Speed transmission Scares me. Even on the 2019's it seems to be a ticking time bomb.
38,000 trouble free miles on my 2016 6 speed. Fantastic transmission, and the vehicle has been trouble free.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got almost 40k on a 2017 EXL AWD with 6-speed. No issues whatsoever. Think I will have the transmission fluid and rear differential replaced when I get an oil change in the next few weeks. I once got 34+ mpg over 300+ miles driving across Nebraska running "real" gas, but in ATL city driving with ethanol it sucks gas.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know you're asking 2017 to 2019, but my 2016 EXL has the same transmission and I currently have 92K miles with absolutely no issues at all.

·
Registered
291 Posts
10,014 (10K) miles on my Pilot 2019 Elite. No issues with transmission. None with drive and feel. It’s just been a pleasant experience all through and through. It would be exactly one year old end of this month.

Had posted that before I realized your target audience are the 6 speed transmission owners. My addition won’t hurt. Lots of folks complain about their 9 speed tranny but mine has been great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts