Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new (to me) 2017. It does not have roof rails. I have a Thule cargo container that I use to put all of my ski gear in. What system are you guys running with your Pilot to be able to attach a cargo box? Any input is appreciated. Pictures?

Thank you,
Doug

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
These work good: Honda Roof Rails - Silver (Pilot)

Add these and you are all set: Honda Crossbars (Pilot)
And VERY expensive. Honda Roof Rack (Pilot) This is what I installed and others also. Search a bit more on the forum under roof rack, base carrier, etc. There are a couple members that installed it on their early '16-'18 models even though it doesn't list it as fitting. If you search on Bernardi Honda and College Hills Honda you will find that the rails and bars that Daltongang linked are the same part #'s for all the 3rd gen '16+ models, SO, if the the rails and bars fit all the same, guess what for the "base carrier". Once installed consider them on for good as you need to cut the trim and replace some plastic clips. Just like the "rails" are an always installed part but you could unscrew the cross bars if you wanted.

Some members got the Thule kit which does allow for a little more adjustability and spacing between the bars. The Honda ones are fixed and IMO not far apart enough.

Also search Thule and Yakima for referrals and pictures of the cargo boxes. My OLD Thule Evolution 2100 is too long IMO and also nit adjustable enough to clear the rear hatch when open. If I drilled 2 holes I could move up enough but leaves a BIG area on front unsupported by a bar (just the metal in the box). Mine and family skis aren't that long anymore so I could get a shorter one and might someday. Both Thule and Yakima list the box clearance specs on their site as a download.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Honda Roof Rack (Pilot) This is what I installed and others also. Search a bit more on the forum under roof rack, base carrier, etc. There are a couple members that installed it on their early '16-'18 models even though it doesn't list it as fitting.
I'm glad to see those do fit! I think I first suggested they might but my lease was almost up at that point so I never bothered trying. I would have done that in a heartbeat over their outrageously priced rails/bars.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts