Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Pilot has been making a metallic rattling noise since its first service at 6k miles. I now have 19k miles. It has been to the dealer at least 5 times for this noise. Several times I was told, they didn't hear it but they did not follow my directions (no air/heat or radio running). Not sure how they expected to hear the noise with a fan and the radio going. This last visit they took my dash apart (and damaged it ;( ) but could not find the source of the noise. They thought it might be a loose wire harness but they didn't find anything loose. They had my car for 5 days....I had it back for 8 days and it is back in the shop. I hear it on a regular basis mostly when idling but I'm not sure if that is because road noise cancels it out when driving, It sounds like a piece of metal vibrating, perhaps a fan because when I turn the car off you can hear the noise 'wind' down. It doesn't matter if the car is in park, drive, neutral or reverse it makes the noise. Any ideas what it is? Its making me crazy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It’s not very loud is it? I have the same rattling noise. It sounds like it’s coming from under the dash. Pls keep us updated. I haven’t had time to fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar noise, but i don't think it's metallic....and i only hear it over 80km/hr. It happens with radio and fan off or on but you definitely hear it better with everything off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts