Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a large crack in windshield and had to replace. Was going to do OEM, but it was backordered with no ETA so decided to replace with Pilkington aftermarket, which ended up being the same model.

Lane-keeping definitely not working like it used to. Just brought back to dealer to see if they could recalibrate and they said they could not and recommended replacing the windshield with OEM.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Odd considering the OE is Pilkington. Did the installer say anything? Try getting a second opinion?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he said they should be able to do recalibrate at honda.

now the suggestion is to go get OEM (which is not available anytime soon) and try again. Not going to pay for new windshield.

Bigger problem now is that the honda service center is terrible. Not only did they not calibrate it, now they returned the car to us with blinking ACC, LKAS, and crash lights and when my wife who picked it up mentioned it, we were told that's our problem. They were not blinking prior to us bringing the car in. So they are are unable to fix it, charge us $168, and leave us with a problem.

Does anyone know why those lights and constantly flashing?

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
he said they should be able to do recalibrate at honda.

now the suggestion is to go get OEM (which is not available anytime soon) and try again. Not going to pay for new windshield.

Bigger problem now is that the honda service center is terrible. Not only did they not calibrate it, now they returned the car to us with blinking ACC, LKAS, and crash lights and when my wife who picked it up mentioned it, we were told that's our problem. They were not blinking prior to us bringing the car in. So they are are unable to fix it, charge us $168, and leave us with a problem.

Does anyone know why those lights and constantly flashing?
Call Honda and complain about the dealership service. They messed something up and don't know how to fix it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That sucks. Also try reaching out to Pilkington on the issue too. Wondering if this is crappy dealer being crappy trying to push into an OE windshield.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got in touch with Pilkington and they said there's literally no difference between the glass with or without Honda label on it.

But Honda dealer insists that we have to replace windshield to calibrate.

When speaking with the glass shops I've learned that some people have their glass replaced with the Pilkington aftermarket and have no problems, some calibrate and it works. Some replace with OEM and it still doesn't work.

It seems that the issue is with Honda's technology and calibration.

So even if I go through the process of replacing my windshield to OEM, calibration issues may continue.

Called Honda USA to try and address the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
American Honda helped log my complaint, but reiterated that I need to replace with OEM glass.

State Farm has been super helpful and is willing to cover dealer costs, replace with OEM, and also recalibration costs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had an aftermarket windshield done on my 2016 Pilot Touring AWD and Safelite was able to Calibrate on-site and knew about it before I even brought it up to them (needed to drop off when a specific tech was working). I assume they actually did it because the system has worked normally since the windshield was replaced. That was in Nov 2018 and I use the feature I would say 1-2 times a week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts