Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been experiencing a vibration (feel it in the gas peddle) for the past 3 years. On the advice of a friend, I purchased and installed the SVCM and hoped this would help with the vibration. But it seemed worse, so I'm curious if it might take time for the device to make a difference with the vibration.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
I've been experiencing a vibration (feel it in the gas peddle) for the past 3 years. On the advice of a friend, I purchased and installed the SVCM and hoped this would help with the vibration. But it seemed worse, so I'm curious if it might take time for the device to make a difference with the vibration.
While S-VCM prevents your V6 from being turned into an I3, There is a good chance that your rear or front engine mount(s) have failed. That was my case.

Reactions: Hondamon

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
You should see a difference right away if the SVCM device is working properly. Did you install the device when the car was cold and did you hook it up to the ECT1 temp sensor as indicated in the installation instructions?

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
I DIYd my front and back engine mounts. It's not a horrible job on 3rd Gens. It's nice to have a 2nd person to help with the rear one.
I tried aftermarket mounts and had fitment issue. OEM bolted right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts