Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have it fixed(flat tire ) and put back the original tire back but the light is still on. does this comes off automatically or we have to reset something? I didn't know just changing tires cause you so much trouble.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Don’t know why changing a flat would cause a RDM error. Typical cause for this is a dirty windshield impacting the camera view. Is the windshield in front of the camera clean?

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t know why changing a flat would cause a RDM error. Typical cause for this is a dirty windshield impacting the camera view. Is the windshield in front of the camera clean?
yes, it was clean and clear. I hit a pot hole and drove the car for almost a mile and saw the TPMS sensor numbers go down. I was able to find a gas station to fill up some air. after that, I see the numbers going down again. I knew that I can't drive it home which is 7 miles away. I decided to change the tires and after doing so, the LKAS and RDM lights comes on. after fixing the flat tire ang have put it back on, the LKAS warning and TPMS turns off but the RDM remained on. I don't if I had to drive it a couple of miles to have it atomically turns off like the TPMS. or bring to the dealer which is to me quite ridiculous knowing what started this problem.

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, it was clean and clear. I hit a pot hole and drove the car for almost a mile and saw the TPMS sensor numbers go down. I was able to find a gas station to fill up some air. after that, I see the numbers going down again. I knew that I can't drive it home which is 7 miles away. I decided to change the tires and after doing so, the LKAS and RDM lights comes on. after fixing the flat tire ang have put it back on, the LKAS warning and TPMS turns off but the RDM remained on. I don't if I had to drive it a couple of miles to have it automatically turns off like the TPMS. or bring to the dealer which is to me quite ridiculous knowing what started this problem.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ok you probably knocked the alignment off when you hit the pothole. Do you notice if the steering wheel is no longer centered when traveling straight? RDM uses the camera and the steering angle sensor to determine if the vehicle is departing the road. If it sees an error between the camera image and the steering angle sensor, a warning is generated. If the pot hole hit caused a flat, it was a pretty severe jolt. Get the suspension inspected for damage and have the alignment checked.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
I don't know what I'd do without my 'road departure mitigation system'.

Oh wait, I don't even have one LOL

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,335 Posts
Let’s get the tire repaired or replaced and see if it’s still an issue.

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s ok now. I drove a couple of miles and it resets itself just like the TPMS. I was thinking, it was the imbalance of the car since the donut tire is way smaller than the regular tires. Saved a trip to the dealership. It was my first flat tire since I got this Pilot, there’s always something to learn.
thanks for the feedbacks guys. Happy New Year

·
Registered
306 Posts
It’s ok now. I drove a couple of miles and it resets itself just like the TPMS. I was thinking, it was the imbalance of the car since the donut tire is way smaller than the regular tires. Saved a trip to the dealership. It was my first flat tire since I got this Pilot, there’s always something to learn.
thanks for the feedbacks guys. Happy New Year
Just saw this post hours after, and yes it does reset after driving with a repaired tire for a couple of miles if the vehicle was driven with a spare[(donut) or another full spare without TPMS)]. Most cars with this technology will do the same.

·
Registered
2017 Pilot Touring AWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just saw this post hours after, and yes it does reset after driving with a repaired tire for a couple of miles if the vehicle was driven with a spare[(donut) or another full spare without TPMS)]. Most cars with this technology will do the same.
It would be a great help if Honda would put these scenarios in the Owner’s Manual. We don’t have to guess, we get a great deal of info and knowledge on this forum in first hand experiences from owners

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sorry for changing the topic, but I don't feel like making another thread lol. So some Piloteers said that it's a good idea to drop the spare every once in a while and put something on the chain to prevent rust so it doesn't fall off when driving. My question is what do we put on the chain? And do I even need to put that stuff on the chain if I live in a place with no snow?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts